Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a raised roof or lowed floor in full size van absolutely necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rustyjames View Post
    Nothing, they discontinued them because they rarely fail, and if they do they're easy to repair with off the shelf parts. No circuit boards either. Dealers can't make no money off them. Here's a poor shot of one of mine:
    I really miss the old lifts with no circuit boards, they were really easy to fix when they broke (which wasn't very often)

I think we still have a few of these around somewhere too.

Every now and then we'll see boards go bad (seems to be mostly on the newer lifts).

The older circuit boards were simpler and something in many cases we will repair (saving someone a bunch of money)

We repaired a circuit board on a older Braun lift just last week.

Not everyone just throws new parts in, some of us still like to find out whats actually wrong and figure why it failed in the first place.

Never mind saving all the old van parts that work fine.
    Its a good thing we have lots of space.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
      ....clip...
      Do you want to drive from your power wheelchair or transfer and drive from a 6 way power seat base?

While i'd need to see you and your van i bet we could come up with something.

Jim
      I plan to transfer out of my I-Glide into the drivers seat. At first I thought a swivel seat would suffice, but with this head clearance issue 6-way seats in both drivers and passengers positions would probably be required. Are you planning a trip to Seattle anytime soon Jim?
      I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

I really miss the old lifts with no circuit boards, they were really easy to fix when they broke (which wasn't very often)

I think we still have a few of these around somewhere too.

Every now and then we'll see boards go bad (seems to be mostly on the newer lifts).

The older circuit boards were simpler and something in many cases we will repair (saving someone a bunch of money)

We repaired a circuit board on a older Braun lift just last week.

Not everyone just throws new parts in, some of us still like to find out whats actually wrong and figure why it failed in the first place.

Never mind saving all the old van parts that work fine.
        Its a good thing we have lots of space.

Jim
        You don't happen to have a circuit board for a Braun Vangater II do you? I'd love to get my old Ford back on the road without completely replacing the lift.
        "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
          I plan to transfer out of my I-Glide into the drivers seat. At first I thought a swivel seat would suffice, but with this head clearance issue 6-way seats in both drivers and passengers positions would probably be required. Are you planning a trip to Seattle anytime soon Jim?
          i'll let you know if i ever get that far west.
          Jim, MA, MMET
          Bridgewater, MA

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEye View Post
            You don't happen to have a circuit board for a Braun Vangater II do you? I'd love to get my old Ford back on the road without completely replacing the lift.
            sorry, the only time we have a new one is when we need a replacement for a bad one we can't fix.
            Jim, MA, MMET
            Bridgewater, MA

Comment

sorry, the only time we have a new one is when we need a replacement for a bad one we can't fix.
              Gotcha, thanks. Can you fix a bad circuit board? And can a replacement motor be found for those lifts? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a used lift?
              "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEye View Post
                Gotcha, thanks. Can you fix a bad circuit board? And can a replacement motor be found for those lifts? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a used lift?
                We've fixed a bunch of the boards in the past, but there always in the lift for testing.

Yes you can get a motor.

Ive never seen one go bad in a vangater II

What makes you think the motor is bad?

Jim
                Jim, MA, MMET
                Bridgewater, MA

Comment

Working...
                X