Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Van

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Van

    What is everybody using for a full size van since the Ford E250 has been deleted from the line up?

  • #2
    i have a chevy express explorerconv now. next will be transit or mercedes
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

    Comment


    • #3
      2003 Dodge Sprinter SHR 140" WB Passenger Model with Rear Entry.
      Get rich or win lottery need replace.
      Think next be either Transit or a ?, not sure what since ProMaster front seats are on raised platform. Would like think about a mini-van but 2 chairs not going fit to well.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm really wanting a Sprinter, to make into a camper for K9 vanlife. I like Ford Transits, too, but I heard there's stuff under the driver's seat that makes for being unable to switch to transfer seats. Not sure if that's true.

        Comment


        • #5
          they must have found a work around. saw few vids on youtube of transfer seats in them.
          Originally posted by heartdog View Post
          I'm really wanting a Sprinter, to make into a camper for K9 vanlife. I like Ford Transits, too, but I heard there's stuff under the driver's seat that makes for being unable to switch to transfer seats. Not sure if that's true.
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by heartdog View Post
            I'm really wanting a Sprinter, to make into a camper for K9 vanlife. I like Ford Transits, too, but I heard there's stuff under the driver's seat that makes for being unable to switch to transfer seats. Not sure if that's true.
            Don't know about Transit.
            But, 2003 Sprinter has one of main fuse box under driver's seat, as does all older T1N's and most likely still do in new ones. If manual turner will do and added 1 1/2" to seat height it should be OK.
            Be sure check on service in your area beforehand on Sprinter.

            Comment


            • #7
              I’m using a 2011 GMC Explorer Conversion with Braun Vangater lift. I have been looking for a new vehicle as well. C6 complete injury, manual chair and I prefer to transfer into the driver seat. I modified the factory seat base on my past two vans to increase the travel on the factory power seat glide. An angle iron bracket was welded to the top rear of the seat base and I repositioned the factory seat with power glide brackets. I gained 5” of travel back from original position and pinch my manual chair between driver & passenger seats for an easy transfer. The trouble I’m finding now is the new lifts are large and cumbersome. I’d like to find or create a lift made for a slim profile manual chair user.
              If you think that you can or if you feel you can't, either way your right.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dreamblvr View Post
                I?m using a 2011 GMC Explorer Conversion with Braun Vangater lift. I have been looking for a new vehicle as well. C6 complete injury, manual chair and I prefer to transfer into the driver seat. I modified the factory seat base on my past two vans to increase the travel on the factory power seat glide. An angle iron bracket was welded to the top rear of the seat base and I repositioned the factory seat with power glide brackets. I gained 5? of travel back from original position and pinch my manual chair between driver & passenger seats for an easy transfer. The trouble I?m finding now is the new lifts are large and cumbersome. I?d like to find or create a lift made for a slim profile manual chair user.
                If I understand you correctly, you are saying that your seat modification effectively is the same as relocating the whole seat 5 inches further back. That is a brilliant idea, but it won't work for everyone. It might for me as I need space. Speaking of space, my 2016 Chevy full size van has a 6 speed transmission. I love what that does for performance, but it causes an awful problem inside as now there is a small transmission hump on the floor between the seats.
                I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I read another issue with the Transit is the floor pan is an alloy that Ford won’t allow to be drilled. Nor Cal vans in Chico CA had a comment about it on their site.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    can u post link. they do the driver mod correct??
                    Originally posted by Stsmark View Post
                    I read another issue with the Transit is the floor pan is an alloy that Ford won’t allow to be drilled. Nor Cal vans in Chico CA had a comment about it on their site.
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      http://www.nor-calvans.com/faq/transit it appears they have worked with Ford on some of this as they have some Transit based options now. Originally they were saying no lifts period.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Stsmark View Post
                        http://www.nor-calvans.com/faq/transit it appears they have worked with Ford on some of this as they have some Transit based options now. Originally they were saying no lifts period.
                        yah, that is a sweet option. both driver/passenger transfer seats and killer head room.
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com
                        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                        sponsored handcycle racer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                          they must have found a work around. saw few vids on youtube of transfer seats in them.

                          In most cases it can be done it all comes down to time and materials.

                          Jim
                          Jim, MA, MMET
                          Bridgewater, MA

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I love my Sprinter van, had an E350 before and it is so much nicer. My driver seat swivels so it makes for an easy transfer

                            Push me to the limit,
                            maybe I may bend,
                            but I will not be broken.
                            -Bonnie Raitt

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Your Spinter, all Sprinters are sweet. There is one across the street being used as a motorhome. The floor isn't high like one would expect, seemed lower than my Express van even.
                              What type and brand lift are you using? It looks like it might be an under vehicle one.

                              Originally posted by Colorado Boy View Post
                              I love my Sprinter van, had an E350 before and it is so much nicer. My driver seat swivels so it makes for an easy transfer

                              I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X