My first Wheelchair (ZRA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
    The DME dealer should be able to get aluminum wheel locks. Or you can buy them yourself at https://hdsupplysolutions.com/shop/p...e-of-2-p121077 for $17.76 a pair.

Ti
    Do you have them on your chair? Mind posting a photo? I don't really understand how they work or mount.

Originally posted by Crappler View Post
    If you include those features in your order, you'll receive them. along with the hardware and mounting brackets and holes. If you don't intend to use them, I'd recommend entering none on the order form.
    Just my opinion.
    And yes, arm rests and anti-tippers are completely off my order form. But FYI all the hardware for mounting both the tippers and armrests is completely removable, and they do not drill the tubes to add any of it.
    complete t6. injured skiing nov 2017.

Comment

Only thing I would change if it was me. The front seat height a little higher and rear seat height. I find if I keep my front seat height at 20 it's easier for transfer to and from bed and toilet.

Comment

I have a zra and the only real issue I've had is the composite brakes breaking and the cheapest I've found them is $65 a piece from sportaid.com, either the plastic breaks or the spring snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by sflo0 View Post
          Which solid backrest do you recommend? The chair I am currently using does have a solid back... but it is a Ride Java, about 15" tall, very deep contour and has tons of mounting hardware for quick-release crap. Not a fan at all. I am able to get it into my car without much hassle still though... so I'm not completely against the solid backs. I did want something lighter... but with the fixed hardware the difference may be negligible. The one my vendor is recommending is Invacare Matrx MX2 (link below, page 12). Probably the 9" height (they are 3" deep).

I do want a folding backrest over a rigid right now. I want to be able to adjust the angle right now. It's going to be my first chair... so I'm not 100% sure what is going to be most comfortable. My next chair will very likely be a rigid back.

The fatter poles on your chair do look nice, not too concerned about it myself personally, but it's a cool idea if you're into that! Not sure what you mean for aluminum wheel locks... don't see any option for that. Calf strap idea is very cool too. Only downside I can see is if you swap out to a different calf strap that may have wider buckles you may run into a problem. And the welding instead of caps is very nice. How are the tubes you posted different than the ones they send? There is no option for tubes on the form.

http://www.invacare.ca/doc_files/201...es_17-355C.pdf
          I am not an expert on back rests but ask your DME to try different styles.

Through my insurance Aetna I have to be fitted at a wheelchair clinic at Cleveland Metro Health Hospital in their rehab department. I am there with the DME and a physical therapist. Here is where they have all sorts of cushions, backs, 'chairs and other 'chair items to look at.

My 1.25" canes was an added on option that was written on the form as with the buckles. Standard canes look like 1" tubing.

When ordering a new 'chair bring to the DME your spec sheet and cut sheets of any other ideas or items you want. When you leave you make sure you get a copy of the DME's order form and save it with your form, cut sheets, ideas or drawn up designs so if there are any problem you have a paper trail to look back on.

Don't be afraid to call TiLite directly and talk with a customer service representative or someone in engineering if you have a design idea that is not listed in Designs (Un)limited. I was on the telephone many times talking with them about about current ZR.

Originally posted by sflo0 View Post
          Do you have them on your chair? Mind posting a photo? I don't really understand how they work or mount.
          See attached photograph. These are the same on my ZR. This photograph is of the wheel lock off my shower chair but they are the same ones same setup.

Ti
          Attached Files
          "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

Have you tried a chair with 25" or 26" rear wheels? If you have long arms I suppose the 24" wheels are fine. I have found 25" wheels to be the happy medium that works best for me. Mind you if you change wheel sizes, you probably would have to change several other measurements.

Comment

Composite wheel locks - PLEASE READ

New post about composite wheel lock:

https://www.carecure.net/forum/showt...-broken-spring

Both of my springs broke in two years.

Ti
              "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
                New post about composite wheel lock:

https://www.carecure.net/forum/showt...-broken-spring

Both of my springs broke in two years.

Ti
                I have replaced 4 sets of the composite brakes myself and agree that they are an annoying issue with a high replacement cost, the metal units are preferable for that reason.

Comment

Working...
                X