Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amy rear wheel or hybrid -how is it holding up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norm View Post
    I'm going to try a M300 Corpus HD.
    Let us know how your Demo goes.
    Again, "Good Luck!"

Comment

6 years with the Alltrack R no serious issues at all. Rear wheels clatter at full speed if I hit stones on pavement. Generally pretty happy with it. Comfortable tilt/recline, wish it had articulating legrests.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeP2013 View Post
        Let us know how your Demo goes.
        Again, "Good Luck!"
        They just delivered it yesterday & I wasn't home. Joystick is on the wrong side & I told them I was left handed & needed it set that way before delivery. So now I have to get someone to help move it.

I should know which chair I'm choosing in a few days. I just wonder if I should try an Amy mid-wheel? Are there any other chairs I should try? Is Pride any good?
        "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

I decided against the Permo its to tight in my mini van.
          "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Comment

New developments with my chair situation. Since I've been losing weight I'm now in the process of getting another Invacare Arrow Torque. If I can get a Tilt, Elevator & Recline. But it needs to fit under my Caravan steering wheel. My seat width is one inch to wide for an Invacare Elevator. So my Therapist & Dealer are asking AMY if they would be willing to put an Elevator on an Invacare & Motion concepts seat. If not then I may look at a Quantum Rear Wheel or try AMY one more time in the Van.

Comment

I'm trying the Permo M3 now. It seems the Amy R Hybrid & M3 are my top two choices right now. I'm just wondering if I should try an Amy M series.

Do all the Mid-wheel chairs have that jerky motion because of the extra wheels? I'm starting to think about trying a Front wheel drive chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulea View Post
                Upon receiving the chair in late June, 2017, four things were immediately apparent.

1) This is not a RWD chair. The Amy is designed as a 6-wheel chair, and thus is a MWD chair. The drive wheels might be set a bit back to create better high-speed stability, but in every other way, this behaves like a MWD chair, only with poorer maneuverability.
                This is making me consider a Permo M3. There's no point in me getting an Amy R Hybrid if its really just a Midwheel chair.

Comment

I'm back demoing an Amy R for 5 days. I like the way it moves compared to the Permo M3. So far much better on the grass. No rocking which is better for me when driving my Mini van. I really wanted a Permo but this chair is filling my check list fast.

Comment

I'm Burnt out . I like alot of the features on the Permo but the Rocking in the van was too much. I can't find a single video of anyone driving a van from a Permo. How are other Mid Wheel chairs when it come to driving a van do they rock too much? I have to make a decision pronto.

Comment

I finally did it tonight I ordered the AMY Systems Alltrack R3 Hybrid.

Comment

I found Quickies version. Does anyone know the relationship between the two companies?

http://www.sunrisemedical.ca/power-w...ickie-xplore-2

Comment

I believe the chairs are marked in Canada under the Quickie Xplore name. Have you had a demo yet? I notice that the chair is slightly longer than my old Torque SP.

Comment

Norm, "Congratulations!" of making your choice and hope it works out for you!
                            Originally posted by Tonyy View Post
                            I believe the chairs are marked in Canada under the Quickie Xplore name. Have you had a demo yet? I notice that the chair is slightly longer than my old Torque SP.
                            I ain't bright fellow but that sounds like you hit it on the nail! Pictures and even videos are same, at least look same to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                              I found Quickies version. Does anyone know the relationship between the two companies?

http://www.sunrisemedical.ca/power-w...ickie-xplore-2
                              I believe AmySystems was first just a manufacturer for Quickie chairs in Canada. Then they started designing their own chairs, using a lot of Quickie designed parts (like armrests, etc). I'm not sure what the actual relationship is now.
                              C-6/7 incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyy View Post
                                Yes it goes back tomorrow.

Amy R Hybrid 35.8 x 23.3
                                Invacare Torque shortbase is 30"x 25.5" longbase is 33"

Thanks Mike me too.

Comment

Working...
                                X