Smart Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
    The good folks at Woodrow Wilson Rehab Center, in Virginia, have repeatedly denied my requests for both a Smart Drive and a cushion on the grounds they believe Medicare won't accessorize a chair they didn't originally reimburse for. Really sucks, since I've no use for the crappy chairs they'll pay for. So, I'm having Medicare buy 80% of a chair I won't use just so I can get coverage for cushions and a Smart Drive. What a waste of tax payer's $.
    so pass the chair on to someone without insurance.... seems like a win-win to me. And since I?m a taxpayer again (finally), I say the taxpayers can all go fuck themselves...

Comment

at least with medicare.. you can pay to upgrade the chair they pay 80% for to something you want.
      when you have medicare/medicaid you're truly screwed as you can't pay to even upgrade to a chair you want.

Originally posted by funklab View Post
      so pass the chair on to someone without insurance.... seems like a win-win to me. And since I?m a taxpayer again (finally), I say the taxpayers can all go fuck themselves...

Comment

The Smart Drive arrived and it came with a axle clamp for a 24" wheel, my wife's chair has 25" wheels but thought I'd try the 24" clamp anyway. It seems to work just fine and also works with the Free Wheel. Is there any reason to bother buying a 25" axle clamp? I know the right answer is yes but has anyone else used the incorrect axle clamp?

I spent a couple hours reading the operators manual and understanding the settings. I had trouble getting my iphone 7 to pair with the wristband. I finally rebooted my phone and it fixed that issue. Changing settings is much easier on the phone then the wristband. One suggestion to engineers would be to make the wristband with a bigger screen and easier to push buttons. I'm thinking they where just trying to keep it small for ease of wearing. I tested the MX2 setting as well as the MX2+ setting. The MX2 setting seems to work great on flat surfaces. The MX2+ works best on everything else. She got her first test the other day with the MX2+ setting and the Free Wheel and did great. So far I'm pretty impressed with this little thing.

Comment

Call and see if they will give you the correct clamp for free. It used to be not a big deal to send out extra clamps.
          I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Working...
          X