Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a Tesla?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone got a Tesla?

    How easy is it load/unload a chair, and what options are available for hand controls?

  • #2
    I haven't been in a tesla before, but are you talking about the model S or the model X (or the model 3 I guess?)

    That model X SUV version is interesting to me, I wonder if, depending on the dimensions of your chair) you could remove one of the rear seats and just pull the chair, wheels and all into the back seat. With those gullwing doors there wouldn't be much to get in your way, and they close automatically too.

    Having a car that can park itself would also mean you could park pretty much anywhere, no matter how tight the spot, just hop out of the car first and then have it park itself.

    Comment


    • #3
      My father-in-law has owned 2 Model S Teslas over the past 5 years, or so. Doors open wide and with zero center transmission/drive train hump there is ample room for clearing a chair through the cabin. I've seen no reason not to use whatever hand controls you prefer. The steering wheel and pedals aren't any different as far has mounting controls are concerned. Same considerations for any vehicle apply. The self-learning/self-driving system is amazing. Over the past 6mos his latest car has learned all his preferred routes and it is hard to believe without experiencing.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

      "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

      Comment


      • #4
        I have 2, one for each of my supermodel girlfriends. I've never been in either car but they seem to like them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Before the Tesla and Volt.

          Before the Tesla and Volt there were these young pioneers in the late seventies; article dated 11-11-1978, that already had a prototype running at the track behind Admiral King High School for testing. The Admiral King High School Vocational Electronics Class of 1979. Photo: Marty Flores, Floyd Truskot and Steve Gargalianos, class instructor Mr. Harry Hockman. One is working at Tesla another working on Volts and last working at NASA on fuel cell technology.

          Ti
          Attached Files
          "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
            Before the Tesla and Volt there were these young pioneers in the late seventies; article dated 11-11-1978, that already had a prototype running at the track behind Admiral King High School for testing. The Admiral King High School Vocational Electronics Class of 1979. Photo: Marty Flores, Floyd Truskot and Steve Gargalianos, class instructor Mr. Harry Hockman. One is working at Tesla another working on Volts and last working at NASA on fuel cell technology.

            Ti
            yeah but did it drive itself and park itself?

            Comment


            • #7
              I had a buddy at NIST who built a VW Rabbit based electric car in the early 90s. NIST even put in a charging station for him to charge while at work.
              T3 complete since Sept 2015.

              Comment


              • #8
                Back to the Future.

                Originally posted by funklab View Post
                yeah but did it drive itself and park itself?
                They were working on that. They also had the idea of GPS even before it came to market. Remember they are high school seniors with limited time of four hours each school day.

                Ti
                "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by smokey View Post
                  I have 2, one for each of my supermodel girlfriends. I've never been in either car but they seem to like them.
                  Hahahaha
                  c6 inc since 2-19-11
                  ex pro-am motocross racer
                  tilite aero z s2

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That one super expensive model has the gull wing doors that are really amazing. They sense what is around them and won't bump into anything. I could picture 'almost' swinging parts of my chair behind me into the back seat in one of those. Not sure if that is really possible but it was a thought. But it is of course, the most expensive one.

                    I have a very rich set of friends that live pretty far from me that drove theirs down to visit us. It was a beautiful vehicle but honestly the long distance driving and having to find charging stations and waiting around and such would drive me insane. If I never took a long trip I think it would be awesome to own a Tesla. My dad owns a simple model. I drive an old Honda. Not at Tesla level... Hehe

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chanda View Post
                      I have a very rich set of friends that live pretty far from me that drove theirs down to visit us. It was a beautiful vehicle but honestly the long distance driving and having to find charging stations and waiting around and such would drive me insane. If I never took a long trip I think it would be awesome to own a Tesla. My dad owns a simple model. I drive an old Honda. Not at Tesla level... Hehe
                      I don't think the waiting around is really all that bad. From my understanding in 20-30 minutes you get a 50% charge, which gets you another 150 miles or so, and if you've got an hour you'll get a full charge, but that is only when you're on the road. Presumably (if you have the ability to) at your apartment or house you would have a charger so you would actually save time going to the gas station... and as a result I would save money on unnecessary snickers bars, gatorades and lottery tickets.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If you can afford the Model X the gull wings doors give you all kinds of room to load but not sure what type of chair your trying to put in to it?

                        The modem model 3 is great because it has a autonomous driving option that maybe able to help those struggling with driving...its a $9000 add on but still cheaper then some modified new vans.



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A proper Tesla review...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Here's a pink Tesla. lol

                            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                            T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My wife has and all electric Chevrolet BOLT (not the Volt) it gets 238 miles on a charge and is reasonably priced. She loves driving it and flipping off gas stations.

                              http://www.chevrolet.com/electric/bolt-ev-electric-car
                              ^^(A)^^

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X