Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone running tubeless wheelchair tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rad, i think u mean tubular not tubeless
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
      rad, i think u mean tubular not tubeless
      Tubular tyres are glued onto a special rim. The tyre is a complete circle with no rim bead. I can't imagine it being used on any type of chair but I may be wrong.

Comment

many run tubular on bball chairs also called sewup.
        Originally posted by mrb View Post
        Tubular tyres are glued onto a special rim. The tyre is a complete circle with no rim bead. I can't imagine it being used on any type of chair but I may be wrong.
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com

Comment

These are tubeless tires. The tube is the tire and the valve is in the tire. I have a set I took off a basketball chair as thought they were worn out, but maybe they are supposed to be smooth.
          https://www.cyclesolutions.co.uk/p71...e---indoor-use Anyway they were mounted on ordinary Sun rims which I then installed conventional tube and tire.

So I dug these Sealsports up the other day to see why I kept them. We pumped them up to 50 lbs. They are holding at that that pressure without being mounted to anything. I have no use for these indoor tubeless tires.

Closeup of my tubeless tires, no rim, with 50 lbs air pressure:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by nonoise; 28 Feb 2018, 4:13 PM. Reason: added pic
          I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Those look like tubulars.

Tubeless look like clinchers but have an extra layer in them and have to be paired with special rims that look like clincher rims but have extra seals.

Comment

That's a better clarification. Saalsport calls the (tubeless) tires I have tubular. They were however seemingly successfully mounted on standard tire bead Sun rims even if in error.
              I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Yah those are tubular nonoise
                Originally posted by brian View Post
                those look like tubulars.

Tubeless look like clinchers but have an extra layer in them and have to be paired with special rims that look like clincher rims but have extra seals.

Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com

Comment

I've seen on Youtube a very interesting and cheap solution if you want only to give a shot. I think it can work with our rims, as they are very similar to bike's ones.
                  Of course you will have to use this awful and sticky sealant, but it may not ruin too much your equipment...
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQX3CciWsSg
                  C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
                  my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
                  Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Comment

Working...
                  X