Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round Betty Dino V2 Wheels

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Jimmay View Post
    They do look nice, I worry about the paint on the spokes chipping and scratching.
    The spokes are anodized and are pretty resistant to scratches and scuffs. If you really chewed through one or more you can get replacements.
    stephen@bike-on.com

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Wills77 View Post
      Very nice! I have round bettys on my aero z but went with spinergy carbon blade on my new TR. I received way more compliments on my round bettys with red spokes than I do on my new ones. I'd love to have a set of those v2's with blue spokes for when I want to change the look of my new chair.

      Did round betty ever market the carbon fiber castors? Also do you sell caps for the top of the backrest canes?
      Hit me up if you decide to order a set. I don't believe the Round Betty carbon fiber casters are still available, though maybe Erick has a set or two left over. As for caps for your backposts, you're better off searching for them on eBay than paying TiLite money + shipping. But if you strike out, sure, we can get them for you.
      stephen@bike-on.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Stephen, I see you are still using the Velcro attachment method for your seat pan. How do you keep the seat pan secure while flying? Do you leave it attached and hope for the best with the airlines or detach it and carry it on with you?

        Comment


        • #19
          The Dino's are definitely good looking wheels but the spokes are little too thick for my taste. More importantly, I don't think I can ever go back to a non x-laced wheel again. I can fit all four of my fingers in between the spokes of my XLX wheels at the hub when putting them in my car...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by giles88 View Post
            Stephen, I see you are still using the Velcro attachment method for your seat pan. How do you keep the seat pan secure while flying? Do you leave it attached and hope for the best with the airlines or detach it and carry it on with you?
            I haven't flown since I've been injured but for what it's worth it takes some serious effort to remove the carbon seat pan from my chair that has heavy duty velcro. I wouldn't be concerned at all with the seat pan coming off on mine.

            Comment


            • #21
              I heard that Dino wheel tends to have some noise, so yours is complete silence?

              I don't know that Tilite has the same wheel lock mounting as Oracing.
              Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Those look like custom wheel lock mounts.
                "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

                "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

                "Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Oddity View Post
                  Those look like custom wheel lock mounts.
                  Indeed they are.
                  stephen@bike-on.com

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Brad09 View Post
                    The Dino's are definitely good looking wheels but the spokes are little too thick for my taste. More importantly, I don't think I can ever go back to a non x-laced wheel again. I can fit all four of my fingers in between the spokes of my XLX wheels at the hub when putting them in my car...
                    The spokes appear thick probably because you're accustomed to Spinergy's thinner ones. The Round Betty spokes are tubular (i.e., hollow) so they're actually quite light. And while there's no Consumer Reports-type comparisons between the various styles and makes of wheelchair wheels, my *hunch* is that the aluminum spokes of the Dinos has less flex than even Spinergy's x-laced spoke pattern. The aluminum spokes are stiffer than Spinergy's fiber spokes. Both are great wheels. At the end of the day it's nice to have a choice of wheels, etc. to choose from.
                    stephen@bike-on.com

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Love this look. What make is your seat pan? I don't remember seeing an option like that when I ordered mine, but not yet sent to manufacture.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by MonkeyWheels View Post
                        Love this look. What make is your seat pan? I don't remember seeing an option like that when I ordered mine, but not yet sent to manufacture.
                        The carbon fiber pan is aftermarket. We (Bike-On) work with a supplier who makes carbon fiber aviation parts (among other things). On the side he takes the occasional order for seat pans.
                        stephen@bike-on.com

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                          The carbon fiber pan is aftermarket. We (Bike-On) work with a supplier who makes carbon fiber aviation parts (among other things). On the side he takes the occasional order for seat pans.
                          Thank you so much Stephen, How would I go about getting a price and ordering one? I have a or will have a 17"x15" TiLite Areo Z.

                          Mark

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by MonkeyWheels View Post
                            Thank you so much Stephen, How would I go about getting a price and ordering one? I have a or will have a 17"x15" TiLite Areo Z.

                            Mark
                            Drop me an email (addy below).
                            stephen@bike-on.com

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Those are awesome I might have to get me a pair. I currently own two pairs of the Round Betty Dino's old style.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by nmireles View Post
                                Those are awesome I might have to get me a pair. I currently own two pairs of the Round Betty Dino's old style.
                                Hit me up if you're interested in a set.
                                stephen@bike-on.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X