Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get a replacement TiLite slingback style back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funklab View Post
    I thought long and hard about this, and plan to do it with this back (though maybe not leather because it has to go through the washer every once in a while) as soon as I get a second back, but the logistics are hard at the moment.

I'd have to live my life completely without a wheelchair back while the seamstress/cobbler/whoever worked on the back. Unless I can find someone to do it while I wait, I can't really live life without a back.

Funklab, how wide is your chair? I think I may have a couple of 17" wide TiLite backs of varying heights. I use a Jay 3 hard back but they always send the soft back when I get a new chair.

Comment

Originally posted by funklab View Post
      I thought long and hard about this, and plan to do it with this back (though maybe not leather because it has to go through the washer every once in a while) as soon as I get a second back, but the logistics are hard at the moment.

I'd have to live my life completely without a wheelchair back while the seamstress/cobbler/whoever worked on the back. Unless I can find someone to do it while I wait, I can't really live life without a back.
      Oh my god!! I'm a pig! I haven't washed my back in ten years!
      You certainly should have a spare.
      Post up your width ASAP and someone will probably rescue you! I'm coming out of my cave sometime soon to ship some electronics; I'll be at UPS. If I have a back your size I'd be happy to send it to you.
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by triumph View Post
        Just have to state that I've used my serial number several times to order parts for my 7 year old TiLite. There may be a way to track your Ser. number through TiLite or vendor as it seems it would be on original invoice. Might come in handy in the future. I can definitely see why one would remove stickers on stuff, but removing the serial #? Holy cow, surprised someone does that.

I have the same back 15 years but... its got holes in and the back mesh is gone but it works wheels at 15 years to the orginal 1ones

Comment

still have any backs for sale I could use a ti lite and/or Quickie back

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I messaged stephen212 and he sorted me out.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptKirk View Post
              still have any backs for sale I could use a ti lite and/or Quickie back
              What size do you need?

Comment

What he said! I just did same w Sportaid. Learned about it here.

Comment

Working...
                X