Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tilite

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tilite

    Has anyone ever broke the WHOLE front wheel assembly off their chair ??? Broke right at the weld. Got in my truck after hunting and heard something hit the floor, thought it was my knife falling out of my catheter bag I've got under chair.....nope my front wheel broke at the weld !!! I'm pretty rough on my chairs. Hunt in single digit temps in the snow, ice fish, gym, rabbit hunt etc, etc, etc.. Have a rigid frame because when I had a folding chair the main "X" bracket underneath chair continuously broke... But a weld break !!! C'mon. Thank god it didn't happen on my wheel in and happened in the truck. I would've had to crawl to truck through a 1' of snow. Wheelchair guy won't be here till FRIDAY !!! Now I have to be chair bound for most part until then, WTF. can wheelie around and that's it. My question is what does everyone think the most durable chair is for someone that's very abusive to their chairs ?? Think mines 4 yrs old so not sure what they're going to do about it

  • #2
    Boxx custom wheelchair. For kicks, have you contacted Tilite? I doubt it'll do any good to do so; they usually have a reason not to honor the warranty. It's supposed to be a lifetime warranty on the frame. With 5 years being considered the lifetime for a chair.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ajstevens View Post
      Has anyone ever broke the WHOLE front wheel assembly off their chair ??? Broke right at the weld. Got in my truck after hunting and heard something hit the floor, thought it was my knife falling out of my catheter bag I've got under chair.....nope my front wheel broke at the weld !!! I'm pretty rough on my chairs. Hunt in single digit temps in the snow, ice fish, gym, rabbit hunt etc, etc, etc.. Have a rigid frame because when I had a folding chair the main "X" bracket underneath chair continuously broke... But a weld break !!! C'mon. Thank god it didn't happen on my wheel in and happened in the truck. I would've had to crawl to truck through a 1' of snow. Wheelchair guy won't be here till FRIDAY !!! Now I have to be chair bound for most part until then, WTF. can wheelie around and that's it. My question is what does everyone think the most durable chair is for someone that's very abusive to their chairs ?? Think mines 4 yrs old so not sure what they're going to do about it
      Sorry to hear about this. Is the break at the caster arm? Would be curious to see a pic. If that's the location, a TR is stronger in that location than a ZR by virtue of a second weld joint.

      You should absolutely be contacting TiLite and requesting a new frame under warranty, which is for your lifetime. Sounds like you should be entitled to a new frame.

      I've seen a lot of Mike Box chairs -- they're popular out here in California. They certainly look very ruggedly constructed (they're not particularly lightweight) but no chair is indestructible. If you search far and wide enough you'll quickly discover that no manufacturer is batting 1000%. You'll find more complaints about TiLite simply because they've sold many thousands of chairs vs. Mike Box who is essentially runs a 1-man shop (or used to be anyway) and whose production output is far more modest. While a Box chair would be overbuilt for my more modest needs, it may be the ticket for someone like yourself who's "rough on my chairs." And they do custom work that you won't find elsewhere. In the meantime, though, hold TiLite's warranty feet to the fire if necessary, and get yourself a replacement frame.
      stephen@bike-on.com

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm not sure how to post a picture but yes it's broke right at weld joint on the chair.. Weld broke right around whole weld and wheel is completely off of chair. I will contact tilite, thanks for the input

        Comment


        • #5
          Would also like to see pictures.

          Also want to hear Tilites response.

          Maybe post to their twitter and facebook feeds.

          https://twitter.com/tilite?lang=en

          https://www.facebook.com/TiLite/

          Good luck.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
            Would also like to see pictures.

            Also want to hear Tilites response.

            Maybe post to their twitter and facebook feeds.

            https://twitter.com/tilite?lang=en

            https://www.facebook.com/TiLite/

            Good luck.
            Don't do spacebook or twitter.... If someone send me # i could share picture or explain how to do it on here. Sent them an email and haven't heard anything back yet

            Comment


            • #7
              Maybe it's something to do with being in the cold? I hunt a lot also and had the same thing happen after goose hunting one time lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jscrog View Post
                Maybe it's something to do with being in the cold? I hunt a lot also and had the same thing happen after goose hunting one time lol
                That's what I'm thinking. Hunted 3 days in a week in the snow when temps were below 15*.. Pretty sure that's the reason.
                Tilite has contacted me and said that the frame is under warranty and i will have to go through my wheel chair people to take care of it. Tilite also said it takes a minimum of 18 days to build a frame

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ajstevens View Post
                  That's what I'm thinking. Hunted 3 days in a week in the snow when temps were below 15*.. Pretty sure that's the reason.
                  Tilite has contacted me and said that the frame is under warranty and i will have to go through my wheel chair people to take care of it. Tilite also said it takes a minimum of 18 days to build a frame

                  Which model TiLite do you own? I'm thinking that a titanium frame chair would be more impervious to the elements than one made from aluminum. It would be interesting and informative to get an explanation from TiLite's engineers as to why your frame weld broke. Anyway, good to hear that they will make good on their warranty.
                  Last edited by stephen212; 01-04-2018, 04:13 PM.
                  stephen@bike-on.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                    Which model TiLite do you own? I'm thinking that a titanium frame chair would be more impervious to the elements than to one made from aluminum. It would be interesting and informative to get an explanation from TiLite's engineers as to why your frame weld broke. Anyway, good to hear that they will make good on their warranty.
                    Mine was a ZRA. I can tig weld so I fixed it myself.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I bent the bar that connects to the wheel and they wouldn’t warranty it. All I did was try to get up a curb and didn’t get my front wheels high enough. It was so bent the caster wouldn’t touch the ground and would just spend. DMV did something with paperwork to get a new chair. This will be last chair from tilite for me. Ever since they sold the company and new owners own it tilite has went to shit

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X