Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy rims that you can attach push rims too

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Where to buy rims that you can attach push rims too

    Anyone know where I could buy rims to build a set of wheels that I can mount pushrims too

    #2
    Originally posted by djrolling View Post
    Anyone know where I could buy rims to build a set of wheels that I can mount pushrims too
    https://suncomponents.com/products/rims/

    Sun doesn't sell direct. Used to be able to order these through Sportaid. And some bicycle shops can get them via their Sun Ringle accounts.
    Spinergy used to sell the rims for their Wires, but that, too, has been quite a while ago. Phone number's on their website. Ryan Baker is the wheelchair guy (also a user).

    Comment


      #3
      You can attach riv-nut handrims to any wheel, regardless of the wheel rim type. Riv-nut handrims attach to the spokes, not the wheel rim. No need to seek special wheel rims.

      See my guide here and let me know if you have any questions
      https://www.carecure.net/forum/showt...68#post1815568

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by brian View Post
        You can attach riv-nut handrims to any wheel, regardless of the wheel rim type. Riv-nut handrims attach to the spokes, not the wheel rim. No need to seek special wheel rims.

        See my guide here and let me know if you have any questions
        https://www.carecure.net/forum/showt...68#post1815568
        Thanks I will give that a try. Does it matter if I put it on the outside spoke or inside spoke? Does it make a difference?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by djrolling View Post
          Thanks I will give that a try. Does it matter if I put it on the outside spoke or inside spoke? Does it make a difference?
          Outside.

          I mean... I don't imagine it matters physics-wise, but I can't think of a reason not to put them on the outside spokes.

          Comment


            #6
            hey djrolling, we sell push rims at indemedical.com. Also hope not breaking any rules posting my website on her to the mediator of this forum if so my apologies. Here's the link please give us a shout if we can help. Nick M. at www.indemedical.com https://www.indemedical.com/HandrimsPushrims_c_201.html

            Comment


              #7
              Nick, your site is showing 4, 6, and 8 riv nut rims. Are the 4's and 8's usually bought by racers? I was surprised to see them.
              I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by nmireles View Post
                hey djrolling, we sell push rims at indemedical.com. Also hope not breaking any rules posting my website on her to the mediator of this forum if so my apologies. Here's the link please give us a shout if we can help. Nick M. at www.indemedical.com https://www.indemedical.com/HandrimsPushrims_c_201.html
                I have push rims. I want to build a set of wheels using wheels I already have but instead of the 24 inch rims I want 25/26 inch rims since that is what I have gone to for the most part

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by brian View Post
                  Outside.

                  I mean... I don't imagine it matters physics-wise, but I can't think of a reason not to put them on the outside spokes.
                  The reason I asked is that I was thinking I could use the sleeves I already have that came with the wheels, I will be taking push rims off of wheels I have, and if I attach to the inside spokes it looks like the push rims will stick out from the wheel the same distance as the do now

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Where did you buy the clips at? Having a hard time finding them.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      https://www.sportaid.com/mini-stop-c...-handrims.html

                      Reminder to make sure the number of mounting holes in the handrim are a whole fraction of the number of spokes

                      8 holes / 32 spokes
                      6 holes / 36 spokes
                      etc.

                      I am 90% sure that's how to get everything to align correctly

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Thanks I ordered them. Yes mine will be 36 spokes and the pushrims have 6 holes so I should be good. Are the clips metal or what....

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X