Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't purchase Firefly or Dragon fly from Rio Mobility

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Don't purchase Firefly or Dragon fly from Rio Mobility

    Hey forum wanted to let any one know who's interested in these products. I wouldn't purchase these as the US distributor Rio Mobility is taking your money and not shipping the product. I own a medical supply company and am a vendor of theirs. I have several customers who have paid and processed orders for these. I of course sent my order to Rio the US distributor and paid them to process and ship my orders. Nothing has shipped it's been close to two months now. Rio's position is they are waiting on couplers and clamps to ship these products. Today I have to refund thousands of dollars for orders that didn't ship. Very upset that my customers have to experience this level of service from me. Because I am at the liberty of a sub standard Distributor. That only cares about the dollar and not the community it's supposed to serve and provide services for.

    #2
    Originally posted by nmireles View Post
    Hey forum wanted to let any one know who's interested in these products. I wouldn't purchase these as the US distributor Rio Mobility is taking your money and not shipping the product. I own a medical supply company and am a vendor of theirs. I have several customers who have paid and processed orders for these. I of course sent my order to Rio the US distributor and paid them to process and ship my orders. Nothing has shipped it's been close to two months now. Rio's position is they are waiting on couplers and clamps to ship these products. Today I have to refund thousands of dollars for orders that didn't ship. Very upset that my customers have to experience this level of service from me. Because I am at the liberty of a sub standard Distributor. That only cares about the dollar and not the community it's supposed to serve and provide services for.

    contact john funjentes on here he has a better product than dragon fly I I am a quad super happy with my purchase from him a tad more expensive but better made quad friendly he has para friendly also


    john@bikeon.com he is on here I don/t spell great

    Comment


      #3
      thx Vicky.
      yep, I have converted several failed rio orders to much better units. you get what you pay for.
      Originally posted by vjls View Post
      contact john funjentes on here he has a better product than dragon fly I I am a quad super happy with my purchase from him a tad more expensive but better made quad friendly he has para friendly also


      john@bikeon.com he is on here I don/t spell great
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

      Comment


        #4
        My Rio Mobility Dragonfly is several years old now and works well after a lot of DIY mechanical work. It's setup is not friendly. I happen to be mechanically inclined with bicycle experience; otherwise the Dragonfly would be unusable.

        My advice, unless you really enjoy fixing things, buy better. Like John says, you get what you pay for.
        Chas
        TiLite TR3
        Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
        I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

        "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
        <
        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

        Comment


          #5
          Yep agree John is a stand up guy we have worked with him in the past. Good company stands behind his products great customer service.

          Comment


            #6
            Ditto here. I messed around on my own trying to save money with Hand cycles.They collected dust for years and then I sold them for 10% what i paid. Now with my Stricker from Bike-on I am having a blast and getting exercise and can do it independently. (20 miles earlier today) Contact John and he give you the straight facts.


            Originally posted by nmireles View Post
            Yep agree John is a stand up guy we have worked with him in the past. Good company stands behind his products great customer service.

            Comment


              #7
              P.S. Thanks to nmireles for the warning. Hope it helps somebody out!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by pete4sake View Post
                Ditto here. I messed around on my own trying to save money with Hand cycles.They collected dust for years and then I sold them for 10% what i paid. Now with my Stricker from Bike-on I am having a blast and getting exercise and can do it independently. (20 miles earlier today) Contact John and he give you the straight facts.
                nice paul, good to hear your doing well. 1400 on my stricker this summer hoping for few more. my race bike doesn't get much love anymore. the stricker is a great unit. like i said, you get what u pay for.
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com
                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                sponsored handcycle racer

                Comment


                  #9
                  thx for the kind words.
                  Originally posted by nmireles View Post
                  Yep agree John is a stand up guy we have worked with him in the past. Good company stands behind his products great customer service.
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com
                  c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                  sponsored handcycle racer

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I purchased my Stricker second hand from a girl in Germany and it is great. Set up right you will use it alot

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X