Permobil distance display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permobil distance display

Greetings! I have a F3, that for whatever reason I can't get it to display my distance on the main display. I've accessed the menu, toggled through the settings, exited the menu, but it still only shows my mph. Ugh.

This is the controller I have:
    Attached Files

What happens when you push the two speed adjustment buttons at the same time? You should get a menu with one of the items being "Distance". Toggle down and select that item for the submenu.
    Attached Files
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Comment

I do that, get the menu, toggle to distance display, I toggle it to "trip", toggle to exit, to exit again, and nada...

Comment

I do that, get the menu, toggle to distance display, I toggle it to "trip", toggle to exit, to exit again, and nada...

*Sorry for the double post

Comment

I believe Curtiss-Wright provides the control modules to Permobil. You may want to contact them with your problem: http://www.cw-industrialgroup.com/

When I had a problem with my controller, Fabio at Curtiss-Wright was great. I emailed Fabio Giarratano at GiarratanoF@curtisswright.com

Comment

My misunderstanding...you want to change the layout of the primary display by adding the distance item. Mine works just as you described. Have to toggle to that submenu to see the distance, both "total" and "trip". So I doubt yours is defective. "Time" is the only item that can be added or deleted to the primary display in my experience.

You would think it would be possible with a software update. With a name like Fabio I would have to give that guy a try
            "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
            T5/6 complete

Comment

Originally posted by Rook98006 View Post
              With a name like Fabio I would have to give that guy a try
              What a juvenile, pejorative and patronizing comment to make. Inappropriate comments can't be masked with a smiley face.

This man, with the name of Fabio, is an engineer for a company traded on the New York Stock Exchange and a Fortune 1000 company.

He took a great deal of his time helping me with a problem with my Permobil m300 controller.

You need to take stock of your preconceived notions of people just because of what they are named.
              Last edited by gjnl; 09-18-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I'll send an email. Must be something I'm not doing, but it seems pretty straight forward. Thanks

Comment

If its not in the menu you have to get your DME to link it to a programmer then it will be in the menu trip distance and total miles...

Can you get them to do it before you leave next week??

Also your chair is not that old why didnt Permobil give you the new joystick so much better!!

Comment

Fabio responded promptly, but as mentioned, the DME has to enable it. I'll pass on that hassle. It was more a curiosity then a necessity. It actually shows in the menu, but doesn't then show on the display.

RollPositive- I can't give you an answer on that...I received my chair in June '16.

Comment

Originally posted by landrover View Post
                      Fabio responded promptly, but as mentioned, the DME has to enable it. I'll pass on that hassle. It was more a curiosity then a necessity. It actually shows in the menu, but doesn't then show on the display.

RollPositive- I can't give you an answer on that...I received my chair in June '16.

Why its set up to have to have programmer to set it to the main screen is crazy but its a 3rd party joystick. But Permobil and your DME should have set it up right before delivery. I have 3 people I help that had the same issue...The trip meter is very important to keep track of miles per charge.

Yeah I would hit up both the DME ATP and your Permobil rep if you need my help message me.

That was a free upgrade and the new joystick and headrest should have been included. Please get them big difference.

I got my chair in Oct 2015 and I got both!!

Comment

Just curious what improvements there are between the 2 controllers?

Comment

The newer is digital, much brighter screen, I think it also holds more presets. Looks better and the newer version is bluetooth.

Comment

The new version also has a light sensor and adjusts the display brightness based on the ambient light. You can also fine tune the various beep volume for turning on and pushing a button.

Comment

Originally posted by RollPositive View Post
                              If its not in the menu you have to get your DME to link it to a programmer then it will be in the menu trip distance and total miles...

Can you get them to do it before you leave next week??

Also your chair is not that old why didnt Permobil give you the new joystick so much better!!

I question that having the speed controller on the side of the box where it can rub against doorways as better. Pride Mobility made speed adjustments on the control boxes like that and they did rub up against tight fitting doorways and speeds did get changed mid-doorway. Also the little toggle adjustments in front of the joystick would not work at all if the standard controller had to be replaced with a goalpost style or u-shaped joy stick for those with less to no finger control and the ends of the fingers would find ways to brush up against them while the chair is in motion. And lets not mention the well meaning who while standing next to you just have to touch you hand and control stick changing things.

Comment

Working...
                              X