Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with Microcyn?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Are there different versions of the skin and wound care for poultry, horses, and pets, or are they all the same product in different bottles?
    Alan

    Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by alan View Post
      Are there different versions of the skin and wound care for poultry, horses, and pets, or are they all the same product in different bottles?
      Looking at the Active and Inactive Ingredients on the bottle labels, I don't see a difference. I don't know why Manna Pro has these different labels. If you use Theracyn for bladder instillation, be sure you are ordering the liquid, not the hydrogel. There is no harm with the hydrogel, it just isn't as easy to use for bladder instillation.

      Comment


      • #33
        fyi hydrocleanse(.009%) has double the amount of HOCI compared to just microcyn spray(.003%)
        Originally posted by gjnl View Post
        Looking at the Active and Inactive Ingredients on the bottle labels, I don't see a difference. I don't know why Manna Pro has these different labels. If you use Theracyn for bladder instillation, be sure you are ordering the liquid, not the hydrogel. There is no harm with the hydrogel, it just isn't as easy to use for bladder instillation.
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com
        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
        sponsored handcycle racer

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
          fyi hydrocleanse(.009%) has double the amount of HOCI compared to just microcyn spray(.003%)
          Alan's question was regarding the variations in the labels of the Theracyn (veterinarian) products. There are different labels. Of course there is the difference between Liquid and Hydrogel which are different consistencies. It appears as though there is a formulation for poultry, equine, bovine, caprine and ovine. When I looked at Theracyn labels on the internet, all HOCl (Hypochlorus Acid) levels were 0.009%, the same as HydroCleanse. Unfortunately, I haven't seen all of these labels in person. I'll try to get that done soon.

          That said, when I refer to Microcyn here, I am not referring to Microcyn spray or hydrogel as such. I'm referring to trademarked Microcyn Technology. Microcyn Technology products are proven to be shelf stable, where other brands of electrolyzed water have variations in shelf stability. Vetericyn labeled products do not use trademarked Microcyn Technology.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by gjnl; 07-22-2017, 07:09 PM.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by gjnl View Post
            Alan's question was regarding the variations in the labels of the Theracyn (veterinarian) products. There are different labels. Of course there is the difference between Liquid and Hydrogel which are different consistencies. It appears as though there is a formulation for poultry, equine, bovine, caprine and ovine. When I looked at Theracyn labels on the internet, all HOCl (Hypochlorus Acid) levels were 0.009%, the same as HydroCleanse. Unfortunately, I haven't seen all of these labels in person. I'll try to get that done soon.

            That said, when I refer to Microcyn here, I am not referring to Microcyn spray or hydrogel as such. I'm referring to trademarked Microcyn Technology. Microcyn Technology products are proven to be shelf stable, where other brands of electrolyzed water have variations in shelf stability.
            right, my point was more about the difference in the 2 products.
            .
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

            Comment


            • #36
              Hi, which online stores are the best to buy Theracyn, there doesn't appear to be a way of ordering it directly from the manufacturer?

              Thanks,

              Rob

              Comment


              • #37
                Been following this somewhat and this is the first time I've seen a mention of GJ actually having a medical background? If he does it will lend some weight to what he has been saying over the years.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by canuck View Post
                  Been following this somewhat and this is the first time I've seen a mention of GJ actually having a medical background? If he does it will lend some weight to what he has been saying over the years.
                  See my reply above, in blue on, post #17.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by rob1 View Post
                    Hi, which online stores are the best to buy Theracyn, there doesn't appear to be a way of ordering it directly from the manufacturer?

                    Thanks,

                    Rob

                    To comply with SCI Nurse KLD's request and possibly avoid having any other threads closed, please post as directed in her quote. Post number 5 in within this thread.
                    Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                    Multiple threads about where to buy this really are not a good use of this forum. Suggest you most those questions over to the Equipment & Services forum. Have restored this as a separate thread reluctantly, and have locked the previous thread so no one else can post on it. Hope you are happy.

                    (KLD)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by canuck View Post
                      Been following this somewhat and this is the first time I've seen a mention of GJ actually having a medical background? If he does it will lend some weight to what he has been saying over the years.
                      GJ has no medical training, and per a new policy, will soon have to disclose that in every post in the Care Forum.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        GJ has no medical training, and per a new policy, will soon have to disclose that in every post in the Care Forum.
                        Did you read my reply in post 17 of this thread? I've never said I had medical background nor have I even ever tried to give that impression. The only time the subject has ever been raised, I addressed it, see post 17, this thread.

                        Is this policy directed specifically at me or will everyone who offers "medical advice", how they cath, what their bowel program routine is, what cushion they recommend, what supplements they take, swear by gentimicin or renacidin washes, have to state the same thing? Will I have to post this statement when I respond to questions that have nothing to do with Microcyn Technology?

                        Will it be permissible to state this disclaimer in the signature field of my post?

                        Where is the new policy posted?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          This new policy is being written and will pertain to non medical professionals posting in the Care Forum. It is a liability issue.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            That is utterly ridiculous.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Jim View Post
                              This new policy is being written and will pertain to non medical professionals posting in the Care Forum. It is a liability issue.
                              Respectively, I think it increases liability. I have been a listowner for over 20 years. We were advised to use a medical disclaimer that is attached to *all* posts regardless of author. It's a reader beware sort of thing, check with your own doctor etc.
                              I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I think it's a good idea actually. In the past some posters have gone out of their way to mimic word for word how the nurses ask questions which gives the perception that they have more training/depth of knowledge then they do.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X