Video headset? Anyone have experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video headset? Anyone have experience?

There are a number of wearable video products being developed and brought to market. I am looking for a video headset that I can plug into my laptop. It appears that most of the new products have a smart phone equivalent computer built into them with an Android OS.

Anyone have any experience with these products?

Are you talking about VR headsets? If so I have a Samsung Gear headset that came with my Samsung 8 but everything is wireless!

Watched Netflix the other day and with a headphones its a pretty immersive experience!

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/vir...m-r324nzaaxar/

Comment

Originally posted by RollPositive View Post
      Are you talking about VR headsets? If so I have a Samsung Gear headset that came with my Samsung 8 but everything is wireless! Watched Netflix the other day and with a headphones its a pretty immersive experience!
      Thank you, that Samsung device looks interesting. However, I am a quad and have not found a practical way of using a smart phone. However, I have not evaluated the latest models. Can the new models be set up to control all functions via voice commands, searching the Internet, writing and sending e-mail, etc.?

What I am looking for is something that functions more like a normal monitor. Some of the VR headphones may offer both functions. I do not want to have to rely on external buttons to make it function. As an example, vuzix has a product that is similar to what I'm looking for.

vuzix iWear Video Headphones $299
      https://www.vuzix.com/Products/AddToCart/3

Comment

Originally posted by RollPositive View Post
        Watched Netflix the other day and with a headphones its a pretty immersive experience!
        How can your eyes focus with the display that close?
        eqpt - rigid chair, 2 scooters, crutches/sticks/frames, assistance cat.

Comment

Working...
        X