fabrication of lift to raise ~80lb ZX-1 into SUV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fabrication of lift to raise ~80lb ZX-1 into SUV

Yesterday I began making a simple inverted L lifting arm that will swing into the back of our R350 MB SUV which has a relatively high threshold to lift over.
    The first problem is finding structuraly sound places to mount things that aren't too ugly!
    Fortunately MB put 4 tie-down points in the rear, 2 per side, that were mounted to M8 hardware.
    I'm working at home on this, I sold my European car service business of 45 years recently. In the past this kind of fabrication always was done at the shop where there was much equipment (cutting/welding, etc) and a fine inventory of steel stock and hardware.
    So this is a little McGyvured and sketchy, but hopefully will work OK, be easily removable, and pass the WAF test (WifeAprovalFactor)!

I had 5 photos to upload but this damn system says they're too large!
    I was up til 3am last night on this project; I don't have the sock to go to the trouble of resizing all for this BS now-possibly later, especially if this works.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

It worked, it was great, and I can't find the stuff which maybe got posted inside the big ZX1 thread about the time (5/17) and included several photos.
    NW NJ

Comment

I just added another 0 to the allowable file size for images. So that's now an order of magnitude bigger. If your pics are still bigger than that, then I can't do much about it. Disk space ain't free and bigger pics means slower loading and you know we're chasing some performance gremlins so this works directly against that. Current limit for jpg is 1600x2000 and ~12MB. That's a huge image and plenty big enough. Really, Way Too big for how most folks browse this site (mobile devices). They'd only be able to see a fraction of it on their screen at once.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Thanks much! I've always had to resize any cell phone pics to post them.
        NW NJ

Comment

I recommend this website for decreasing the size of photos if you can't do that on your own computer or other device. It is free. http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Found it here and onwards:https://www.carecure.net/forum/sci-c...52#post2630852

NW NJ

Comment

If you ever get tired of cranking that winch. I got a 12v winch from Harbor Freight for about $50. It has a wireless remote that is the bomb. It picks me up into my jeep in minutes. Wish I'd have done it 10 years ago, I'd still have shoulders.

Comment

Sorry, but the car I built it for is gone, so if someone wants it, $100.
                MrSporto had me fab a lift for his chair into his drivers rear door in his Honda van and we sourced that from Harbor F
                NW NJ

Comment

Working...
                X