Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything new in the way of power chairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    Hmmm...

WTF?! wHEELchairs are like dishwashers and air conditioners now? Manufactured and different manufacturer's stickers slapped on?
    This is a fact for many many models, and makes for many many years. Many base assemblies are either made in China or assembled in the USA from Chinese parts, or a combination of each. It's a crazy business.

I am a rear wheel fancier, they suit my home for turning in small spaces in my home. I own an older home one storey, one level home, that was never built to accommodate a wheelchair let alone a power wheelchair. There are plenty of spaces that I had to re-construct to accommodate me, as it became very obvious, (to me) my physical abilities deteriorated. The rear wheel drive turns sharply and the tippers on the rear do not project out in the rear to grab stuff turning in a narrow space.(my added bathroom) It all works for me.

Comment

I've always used quickie rwd either the p222-se or the p-220 , but since insurance doesnt cover the group 4 p222-se and the p-220 was discontinued I had to hop over to the S-Series s-636 its rwd sits a little higher then the p series the motors seem a bit louder . the frame has a dynamic suspension which seems better then the hardtail of days past. I've never in 11 years had a problem with the electronics or brain/module ... I have had to replace brush motors a few times ...

Comment

That looks interesting air ohs. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Yes P222SE was great chair. Only drawback was the plastic slats under chair suspension. That's what I had back in the day at least. Worked but easily broke under "rambunctious cowgirl activity" shall we say... ;-)

I am now in a 636 (or 646?) and it has served me well. As you say, brushes need replacing from time to time but that is a consumable wear product and expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyy View Post
            I drive am Alltrack R.
            Tony, does the Alltrack use brushless motors?
            C-6/7 incomplete

Comment

I just ordered an Amy AllTrack M <http://amysystems.com/amysystems-alltrack-m-series/> with all the bells and whistles after decades of old-school Invacare rear wheel drives. I did try the R hybrid, which felt very similar to my rear wheel drive.

Kumu, how's it going? ;-)

Comment

My Therapist said the Amy is a better chair.
                "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

Originally posted by air ohs View Post
                  I know this is a mid-wheel ..but...i always had rears until this baby ..now ill never give this up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtbSipBS900
                  What about it made you like it?
                  "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Comment

Originally posted by Kulea View Post
                    Tony, does the Alltrack use brushless motors?
                    Kulea, no it does not have brushless motors. The motors are high quality AMT Schmidt motors made in Germany.

You may notice that Amysystems and the Canadian Sunrise Quickie Xplore and Xperience look very similar. I believe they are affiliated.

Comment

What is everyone doing for thigh support on these chairs? thanx Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by bruceofmaui View Post
                        What is everyone doing for thigh support on these chairs? thanx Bruce
                        On my Amysystem Alltrack R3 HD I use theirs and just looked at their site and looks like they have improved the attachment to chair over my 5 year old one. Or might be cause mine has quick release thaty used the plastic wing thing to tighten to side of seat. The picture they show on "options" page has flush mount bolts on seat:
                        http://amysystems.com/options/
                        "Good Luck!"

Comment

Well my Invacare chairs brushless motor is dying & Invacare is no longer replacing them. So I'm forced to buy a chair right now. Looking at the R Hybrid again. I may even break with my love of Rear wheel & force myself into the Amysystems M series. So I'm going to try one before deciding.

Comment

Working...
                          X