MK Battery issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK Battery issues?

Looking for anyone that has upgraded to new MK only batteries lately. Size 34's or 24's and if your having any issues and if so what kind of issues?

I haven't but would also be interested interested in peoples opinions of them as I was thinking of buying a pair of 35/36Ah MK GEL batteries for my mobility scooter.
    eqpt - rigid chair, 2 scooters, crutches/sticks/frames, assistance cat.

Comment

I am with my new F3. The 34's drain almost within minutes

Comment

landover, You may already know but those 34's seem to drain pretty quick. Mama has a alot lower range on her new chair that came with group 34s. Think she was use to 24's and range just not there. She even feels older chairs with U1s had better milage than 34s.

Comment

Just had a pair of group 24 75ah fitted.

They were supposed to be a straight swap but the vendor had to take a hacksaw to them and cut off the handles before they would fit.

These are sealed non gel and seem to be holding the charge.

Comment

I requested a change to 24s, but my DME said that because I have an ez-lock bracket, the 24s wouldn't fit. He supposedly confirmed this w/ Permobil.

Comment

Originally posted by landrover View Post
              I requested a change to 24s, but my DME said that because I have an ez-lock bracket, the 24s wouldn't fit. He supposedly confirmed this w/ Permobil.
              I have a Permobil m300 with 24s, delivered about 3 months ago. I also have an ez-lock tie down in my van. My van converter had no problem placing the tie down bolt in the bottom of the battery case.

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                I have a Permobil m300 with 24s, delivered about 3 months ago. I also have an ez-lock tie down in my van. My van converter had no problem placing the tie down bolt in the bottom of the battery case.
                Perhaps it's not possible with the F3?

Comment

Originally posted by landrover View Post
                  Perhaps it's not possible with the F3?
                  Perhaps. I hadn't remembered you have an F3.

Comment

Just called EZ Lock. They said as long as you use Bracket No. BKT-F3, there should be no problem using Class 24 batteries on an F3. Quote: Never had an issue with that.

So, I wonder what the durable medical supplier rep asked Permobil to confirm?

Comment

That is the ez-lock bracket I have installed.

Comment

I'd call EZ-Lock and discuss what you were told by your supplier. EZ-Lock: 1-888-952-5625.

My van converter had to shim my Class 24 batteries up from the bottom of the battery box, so the Class 24 batteries are positioned toward the top of the battery box. I would think the Class 34 batteries would have to be shimmed as well. Maybe the EZ-Lock installer believes it is an easier install with Class 34s and prefers that. I don't know. I just think it is an unreasonable restrictive parameter to have to use Class 34s in your chair to make the EZ-Lock install work.

Comment

Is this question prompted by problems with MK batteries?

I've just spent 375 pounds ($469 US) on a pair and wont be pleased if they let me down anytime soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru View Post

I've just spent 375 pounds ($469 US) on a pair and wont be pleased if they let me down anytime soon!
                            I think "Roll Positive" posted this because of comments made on this thread: http:///forum/showthread.php?256580-...orpus-G3/page5
                            See Posts 220, 231, 241, 248.

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru View Post

That's actually a decent price, a pair over here are going for about $500.00.

Comment

Working...
                              X