Commode Chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commode Chairs

Does anyone have any suggestions for a commode chair ? I'm looking into getting a new one and was wondering if anyone could recommend one to me. Or even give me a list of them so I can do some research. Thanks.
    www.adventuresofcolinandheather.blogspot.com !

Colin, what have you been using?

Don't remember, what's your injury level?

Comment

I've been using a Go Mobility self propelled chair. I'm a T10.
      www.adventuresofcolinandheather.blogspot.com !

Comment

Check out these companies' shower/commode chairs in addition to Go Anywhere:

http://www.nuprodx.com/

http://activeaid.com/

http://razdesigninc.com/

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I've been using an Invacare mariner for about 15 years. I'm a quad. I replace the seat, back sling and arms every so often. Pretty good, though the back sling leads you to slouch a bit and I put a foam pad behind my back to keep me up straight.

Comment

The link to GO! Mobility Solutions is: http://www.GoesAnywhere.com

There's a special for a free Wheeled Travel Bag worth $169 running until the end of the month. CouponCode "CASE".
            Rick Goldstein
            GO! Mobility Solutions
            facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

Get a Razdesign. It will be the last chair you have to buy. Very well built and designed.
              "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Comment

Hi,
                I have Mariner Invacare for 13 years. Easy to buy on Amazon for approx. $ 750 new.
                Changed seat couple of times
                I have even figure out that I can travel with this commode when I disassemble it
                and than all fit nicely in oversized massage table carrying case.
                So far all air carrier's accept to transport this oversized bag with no extra charge when I stated
                that I have shower wheelchair in it. good luck!
                Attached Files
                www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
                to what we know about nature
                Saint Augustine

Comment

This is my rolling shower chair. It's six years old and I'm pleased with it.

Activeaid model 624 SS
                  CS phone 800 533 5330

Original seat part number 60850

I included the seat part number because they offer two versions of the seat. The standard one lasted a couple of years. When I replaced it, I took the optional upgraded version. It's thicker with better padding and a cover that seems to be much more durable. I think it was about an extra $100 and well worth it. I can't find the part number for the upgraded version.

If they offer a better quality back pad, I'd get that, too. My six year old back pad has splits in the cover and I need to replace it also.

The wheel bearings are standard carbon steel (dumb!) and I replaced mine after they rusted and fell apart. For a few dollars extra, you can replace them with stainless steel bearings if you get the chair.

Comment

Working...
                  X