Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Softwheel : suspension wheel : anyone try these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softwheel : suspension wheel : anyone try these?

http://softwheel.technology/theacrobat/

and prices.. these better be per pair.... but crazy..

Acrobat M Basic Performance Package
    $2,850.00

Acrobat A Basic Performance Package
    $2,650.00

Acrobat A Plus Performance Package
    $2,910.00

Acrobat A Premium Performance Package
    $3,085.00

Acrobat M Plus Performance Package
    $3,110.00

Acrobat M Premium Performance Package
    $3,285.00

Those prices are ridiculous. Buy an Icon or Per4max or Box for that money and get REAL suspension.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Can't argue, but interested to hear an unbiased opinion on them. I didn't see the cost initially......

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
      Those prices are ridiculous. Buy an Icon or Per4max or Box for that money and get REAL suspension.

Comment

I'm real curious how they'd hold up under lateral forces. I'd like to see Aaron Fotheringham give them a spin.

(PS I agree, a suspension chair is much less expensive.)
        Chas
        TiLite TR3
        Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
        I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
        <
        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Me too. Especially running them with camber.

Probably gonna be hard to get an unbiased opinion, given that spending $3,000 on a set of wheels might create bias all by itself!
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
            Probably gonna be hard to get an unbiased opinion, given that spending $3,000 on a set of wheels might create bias all by itself!
            yep
            Chas
            TiLite TR3
            I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
            <
            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Wonder what their return policy is like

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
              yep

Comment

Not tried them yet. But I'm getting them through Numotion (For DEFINITELY not that cost) with a new chair. I can keep people updated on thoughts with photos and video if you want? My chair is due to me next week.

Comment

I've seen a couple of folks who have been testing them.
                  neither was impressed enough to part with cash to get some.
                  seem to be heavy and they're not adjustable.
                  "they feel kind of squirly when you're not on flat level surface or you're rounding corners."

Wondering what the cash price is then... if that's the msrp.

look forward to more reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFiFoFum View Post
                    . . I can keep people updated . . . if you want?
                    Yes, please
                    Chas
                    TiLite TR3

<
                    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I can imagine with any suspension you're gonna lean to the outside on hard turns, which would be kind of annoying, but I'm sure you'd get used to it.

Loopwheels are less than half the price of these though (if we are to believe the prices on the websites).

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
                        Yes, please
                        I definitely will! I have other wheels to change out with if I end up not liking them but I have a friend who has had softwheels for about a week and while I'm waiting for her 'official' comment she seems pretty pleased with them.

Comment

I got a set of these to try out.
                          The good: If you want to jump "down" curbs a foot high, or play in a skate board park. Maybe live in a city with bad sidewalks like NO or anywhere in the north US.
                          The bad: Heavy. $2500. They clack when you use them. They seem to feel heavy to push. As if you are pushing on carpet.
                          The weird: The sales guy said they reduce vibration by 80% and made pushing easier, because they return over 100% of your push. I must have missed that day in physics class.
                          I ran them across some cobble stones and with my front wheels on the ground couldn't tell any difference. A friend of mine tried them (she has neuro-pathy), she couldn't stand them.
                          The guy selling loop wheels said the same thing about vibration and pushing.
                          I did a few tests to get my results. I put a little bell on a piece of stiff wire attached to the frame. It jingled the same amount, with or without the fancy wheels. I pulled the chair with a fish scale and the effort measured the same with or without the fancy wheels. (Had my normal Tilite wheels on. No i didn't drag the chair with no wheels at all.) I tried using the scale to turn the wheels, but no diff there either.
                          I did my coast test. I coast the chair down a small hill over a measured distance and time it. I do it 6 to 10 times per test to get an average. No difference in the wheels.
                          dats all i know
                          Conclusion: I wouldn't use them if you gave them to me.

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
                            I wouldn't use them if you gave them to me.
                            That is quite an offer BFD. Half of the offer is a certainty

Is that wheel the wheelchair industry answer to the Triumph motorcycle sprung hub from the 30's??

It looks to be a potential constant maintenance schedule. I could be wrong but.....the old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted" comes to mind.

Comment

Here is another option www.loopwheels.com

Comment

Working...
                              X