Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C6 Van Hand Control Question

Hi,

For those c6 quads, what type of brake/accelerator do you use? A push/right angle or a push/pull...or some other? Thanks!

mpd, I hated suregrips hc's
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Another MPD user. I've been driving with hand controls for 43 years and never ever liked the push/pull.
      "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Do you guys have reduced effort steering?

Comment

I have used Monarch 1A's and MPD, they both work well. The Monarch's are built much beefier but the MPD have a cleaner look. Installation is everything, if poorly installed that's the way they'll perform.

Comment

no reduced effort however going to full size van from car it took some tweeking to get the brake right, I was considering it at one point.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere Man View Post
              Do you guys have reduced effort steering?
              No, never have. I'm C5-6 with no triceps.
              "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Another C6 using MPD right angle here. No reduced effort steering, just a tri-pin in one vehicle and a v-grip in another. But I've been able to phase those out most of the time too by using Hatch quad gloves and this cheap steering wheel cover: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PC0G07A

Comment

I have been using the same style hand controls for over 30 years, Monarch push to brake, pull down for gas. I have never used reduced effort steering, but if you feel you need it, go with it.

http://mps-handcontrols.com/products...s/right-angle/
                  C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

robin, snap a pic of where your mpd brake block is mounted on your chevy pls
                    Originally posted by DeadEye View Post
                    No, never have. I'm C5-6 with no triceps.
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com

Comment

No reduced steering for me either. But on my VW Eurovan it requires a lot more effort because it's rack and pinion. It's only on left hand turns though.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                        robin, snap a pic of where your mpd brake block is mounted on your chevy pls
                        I'll try to get it done tomorrow.

Comment

get low effort steering to save your shoulders, push/pull are out for a quad

Comment

C-4-5-6, I've used five different brands of hand controls in the past 47 years and find the monarch a1 to be far superior over the others in quality, performance and ability to use and adapt/adjust to fit most any vehicle. Used a bar across the steering wheel at first only to find it getting in the way later.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm going to opt out of reduced effort steering. When I drove with it it felt like I was floating on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X