Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minivan kneeling actuator assembly for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minivan kneeling actuator assembly for sale?

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a used kneeling assembly? The used minivan I bought several years ago didn't come with one and I'd like to add it. I've been checking Craigslist and eBay for one in decent shape but have been unsuccessful. My understanding is there are interior and exterior mounted versions so I'm looking for the exterior version. I don't care what model vehicle it came off of because I'll make my own mounting bracket. I'm not going to hook it to the ramp's wiring but instead direct wire it to a rocker switch. I may add relays to limit its travel to be on the safe side. I'll be calling local junkyards this week to see if one is laying around but I'm not hopeful.

Good luck. I'm trying to find a replacement part for the actuator chain for a 2004 IMS Rampvan. Pre-2007 model.

Comment

Can just look up the dimensions and specs for actuators needed? Then you should be able to get one from one of the many actuator manufacturers out there.

Comment

Agreed, it's possible the part you need could be bought from a industrial supply such as McMaster-Carr.

Comment

Thanks, I hope the specs are in my manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Doll View Post
            Thanks, I hope the specs are in my manual.
            It's possible but I wouldn't count on it. If you can get someone to crawl under they might be able to see a label or model number of the old actuator.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HANDICAP-Kne...lWNs9i&vxp=mtr

Comment

Another possible resource: http://www.warnerlinear.com/Products...inear-actuator

Comment

Agreed, you're probably not going to get anything helpful from the manual, or from the manufacturer. A picture of what you need would be your best bet.

Comment

I already contacted the seller about that unit and he said it was an interior mounted one.

Comment

Originally posted by lazierdog View Post
                      I already contacted the seller about that unit and he said it was an interior mounted one.
                      his add said...I HAVE BUNCH OF OTHER KNEELING ACTUATORS SIMILAR , WITH BRACKETS FOR INTERIOR MOUNT AND SOME FOR EXTERIOR ON AXLE MOUNT AS WELL. LET ME KNOW UR MAKE AND MODEL AND ILL LET U KNOW IF I HAVE SOMETHING!

It was worth a shot

Comment

I know. I contacted him about a month ago and he did send me some pics of an exterior mounted actuator, not assembly, missing a few pieces. It was in ok shape at best. I'm hoping to find something in good to very good condition because I don't want to do this again in a couple of years. If I can't find something by year's end, I may contact him again and buy what he has in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by lazierdog View Post
                          I know. I contacted him about a month ago and he did send me some pics of an exterior mounted actuator, not assembly, missing a few pieces. It was in ok shape at best. I'm hoping to find something in good to very good condition because I don't want to do this again in a couple of years. If I can't find something by year's end, I may contact him again and buy what he has in stock.
                          Why not just buy a new one?

What make model any year van and lowered floor conversion do you have?

Jim
                          Jim, MA, MMET
                          Bridgewater, MA

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Doll View Post
                            Good luck. I'm trying to find a replacement part for the actuator chain for a 2004 IMS Rampvan. Pre-2007 model.
                            Have you tried a local mobility dealer?

What part are you looking for?

We have been able to make parts for some of the older kneeling systems when the parts were no longer averrable.

Jim
                            Jim, MA, MMET
                            Bridgewater, MA

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
                              Why not just buy a new one?

What make model any year van and lowered floor conversion do you have?

Jim
                              jim,

I didn't consider it for two reasons. First, I doubt the manufacturer will sell me just the parts to install myself. I figure their reasoning was along the lines of liability. I tried that once with handcontrols and basically got no response so I ended up searching craigslist for used ones and fabricated my own mounting bracket. Secondly, it would cost substantially more, my guess would be in the range of $1000-$1500. Do you have any used ones for sale? I have an '07 T&C with an AMS conversion. Like I said, if I can find an exterior mounted assembly from any make minivan in good shape, I'll make it work.

Comment

Working...
                              X