Suggestions for new chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Alloy View Post
    Try and talk to people with actual experience with a particular chair and compare your needs to theirs. Keep in mind that wheelchairs are designed to perform the activities required for personal mobility and the related abuse of daily life. Noone can guarantee that any wheelchair will withstand extreme abuse from mishandling.
    This is where I am now. Looking high and low... not just here. So anyone with any experience/knowledge of an ultra-light, ultra-portable chair would be extremely helpful.

Oddity, I've always liked the Lashers - never knew anyone who had one. What kind of wear and tear is yours subjected to? Any significant issues thus far? Overall satisfaction?

*** c4/c5 incomplete *** Injured in Summer 2003 ***

Comment

Originally posted by daveh0 View Post
      This is where I am now. Looking high and low... not just here. So anyone with any experience/knowledge of an ultra-light, ultra-portable chair would be extremely helpful.

Oddity, I've always liked the Lashers - never knew anyone who had one. What kind of wear and tear is yours subjected to? Any significant issues thus far? Overall satisfaction?
      Overall satisfaction is very high. I own 2. One setup for everyday use and one setup for off road. My everyday chair is 8 1/2 years old, my off road is 6. Even the upholstery is still in perfect shape. The 'sail cloth' he uses is tough as nails. Doesn't stretch a bit. The finish top coat has taken a beating but nothing has gotten through to the metal. Popped one inner tube and that's the only issue I've had. I question the value compared to something like a TiLite. Lasher is better IMO but I question if it is so much better to justify the price premium. I probably won't buy a 3rd, but that's because I'm getting stingier with money the older I get. They are fantastic chairs. Neither has given up even the slightest bit of performance in many years of service. I have no plans to replace them for many more years into the future.

They're used normally. Around house, around town, broken down half dozen times a day for loading into a car. Coach soccer and baseball in the off road, with a Freewheel. Nothing overly harsh. I live in the sand on the Chesapeake Bay, so it's salty, but no corrosion issues.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by scurl View Post
        I have one of these http://progeo.net.au/wheelchairs/rig...oker-evolution simply the best chair I've ever had. A mate has the carbon version.
        That is a nice chair. They list it as fully adjustable, yet lightweight at 12.1 lbs without rear wheels, 18.7 with.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Have you looked at a Box chair? They are very light and portable and as customized as it gets. I live in the Boulder area and would be happy to show it to you.
          Used to be known as TexasWheelz, but lost my email it was connected to and just recently moved to Colorado and trying to spend more time on here again.

Comment

Working...
          X