X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Apex Carbon Chair

http://www.motioncomposites.com/en/apex-2/
    Attached Files
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Has anyone heard pricing on this chair?

Comment

Base price is $2600 plus an upcharge of $1700 for the carbon fiber upgrade. Compared to a TiLite which is a very similar base price with a +/- $700 upcharge for titanium upgrade.

She's not a very pretty chair IMO, but at least people are experimenting with new materials (and it's not $20,000 like that full CF chair from the UK).

Comment

I need some Knee guards(those red pads to protect the frame while I throw it around to get it in the car) like that for my Tilite.

Comment

I wrap mine in thick handlebar tape.
          T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

I just let it get scratched up.

Comment

With carbon, impacts are very bad things.
              T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

I can imagine. I thought he was talking about something for his TiLite which can be 'fixed' if you choose to with a scuffpad.

Comment

Get it sprayed with Line-X on the spots where you have wear. My local guys do it every time I have a new chair. Or if I need a touch-up.

Comment

Do you have any pictures ?
                    How well does the Line-X hold up.

The front of my frame is getting pretty bad from being dragged across the concrete as I maneuver it into the car every time.

Originally posted by Tman9513 View Post
                    Get it sprayed with Line-X on the spots where you have wear. My local guys do it every time I have a new chair. Or if I need a touch-up.

Comment

I use helicopter tape to protect the paint on the frame, works pretty well. But my foot rest gets beat up from pivoting on it when I load the chair in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
                        Do you have any pictures ?
                        How well does the Line-X hold up.

The front of my frame is getting pretty bad from being dragged across the concrete as I maneuver it into the car every time.
                        It holds up incredibly well. I've gotten years out of mine each time I get it sprayed. The right side gets the concrete when I tip it getting in the truck. The other side of the frame is almost flawless. This was last sprayed three years ago I believe. It's starting to almost get back to original powder coat in one spot so I'll probably go in for a touch up after the holidays. I also have my back rigidizer bar sprayed and clamps on the Jay 3 back. I'd talk to your local guys. Mine do it for free. I offer to pay but they usually shrug it off, especially small parts. I just try to make it as less work as I can for them by specifically taping off areas I do and do not want sprayed. Their crew is mainly Mexican guys and I don't speak Spanish so sometimes I have to tape and point, but they do a great job.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, good tips.

And it's dry to the touch, not sticky etc..

Originally posted by Tman9513 View Post
                          It holds up incredibly well. I've gotten years out of mine each time I get it sprayed. The right side gets the concrete when I tip it getting in the truck. The other side of the frame is almost flawless. This was last sprayed three years ago I believe. It's starting to almost get back to original powder coat in one spot so I'll probably go in for a touch up after the holidays. I also have my back rigidizer bar sprayed and clamps on the Jay 3 back. I'd talk to your local guys. Mine do it for free. I offer to pay but they usually shrug it off, especially small parts. I just try to make it as less work as I can for them by specifically taping off areas I do and do not want sprayed. Their crew is mainly Mexican guys and I don't speak Spanish so sometimes I have to tape and point, but they do a great job.

Comment

Does Line X added weight?
                            Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

Yes, a little bit. Depends on how thick they spray and how many coats are on there, but I think it is worth it for frame protection. It weighs 0.7 pounds per square foot at 1/8 inch thickness. So you could measure the circumference of your frame tube, multiply by how ever long of a section you want sprayed, then double that to include both sides of the frame, and then multiply times the 0.7 pounds per square foot.

Originally posted by sowseng View Post
                              Does Line X added weight?

Comment

Working...
                              X