• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple watch

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

http://mashable.com/2016/07/05/apple.../#4jc1tNrZJmqq

Think it really works?

If it truly works I'll likely buy one...
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

I already have a watch and i love it but im wondering if it will really work. I think it would be great but i don't want to get my hops up lol

Comment

I use an Apple watch already. It makes it so I don't need to get my phone out to use it, plus it has a ringer and vibrates when I get incoming calls/messages. I can answer/respond using the watch. Makes it nice since I cannot obviously feel phone on vibrate and cannot hear it when in my pocket.

Comment

JSCHISM that is why i love my apple watch because i don't have to get my phone out. I keep my phone in my backpack on my chair and with the watch i can do whatever i need to without having to worry about dropping my phone.

Comment

Sounds useful. I keep my phone in my chair under cushion bag so it's out of reach whenever I'm in the car (Speedy Lift behind my seat) which means I cannot answer a text (when parked!). I hear the battery life isn't good though...

Comment

Battery will last all day, just plug it in at night when going to bed. I also use the heart rate monitor when cycling. You have to stop and be still for it to work, but it is pretty accurate and a hell of a lot more comfortable than the chest strap I used before.

Comment

For me its the notifications that make it worthwhile, especially as you can't feel the vibrate.

I've had it updated to the latest beta software with the wheelchair activity monitoring since it came out.
                What I would say is that it does monitor what you do and seems to capture the amount of rolls - however I have got no benefit from it.
                Its not in your face so you would need to remember to check quite often if you were doing enough.

Comment

Originally posted by niallel View Post
                  For me its the notifications that make it worthwhile, especially as you can't feel the vibrate.

I've had it updated to the latest beta software with the wheelchair activity monitoring since it came out.
                  What I would say is that it does monitor what you do and seems to capture the amount of rolls - however I have got no benefit from it.
                  Its not in your face so you would need to remember to check quite often if you were doing enough.
                  My watch is up to date and this isn't on there. Must be different across the pond?

Comment

Think you have to sign up for beta releases.

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
                      My watch is up to date and this isn't on there. Must be different across the pond?
                      I'm in the apple developer program for my work, so you get the beta releases as soon as they come out.
                      Until nearly full release they are full of bugs, so best to stick with the released version.

I don't think you are missing out on anything though, nothing has changed how I use it for the better.

Comment

I have every toy god made available, one would think I am trying to compensate for something :-)
                        whist i use the Apple watch for lots of stuff (including getting incorrect heart rage readings), the most useful feature is the peace of mind it brings me: in every situation, at all times, I have a phone I can make emergency calls from.
                        No more falling in the shower and discovering that your phone is in the bedroom.... You can place a call at all times, in any situation ( and even secretly enjoy looking like David hasselhof calling KIT...)
                        'the upcoming wheelchair features could be a plus...

Comment

I'm hoping for some features to use it for seizure detection and as a mobile Personal Emergency Response System (mPERS). I sent them a long list of requirements that we would find useful a few years ago, and hope they eventually do it.
                          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Working...
                          X