Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creaking

my frog legs have started creaking when I roll what is deal

Probably old and dry. Take them apart, clean them, and apply grease everywhere metal parts that move are touching. Especially where the 2 main body parts are joined and articulate.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

the caster wheel bearings may be at fault. See if the front wheels spin easily. If you need to force them, replace the bearings.
      If the articulating joints in the frog legs suspension are groaning, you can confirm it by locking your brakes, then heaving yourself fore and aft which will make the suspensions compress and extend
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

the wheels are new but I have no idea what articulating joints are

Comment

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...746ffac39b.jpg
          69yo male T12 complete since 1995
          NW NJ

Comment

Frog legs are made of 2 halves pinned together, with an axle, that articulate back and forth a bit to allow the elastomer to compress. I suspect it is either the elastomer creaking or the joint between the two halves. Since you added they are new I'd bet the creak will go away without messing with it as they "break in" (assuming it is the forks creaking and not something on the chair).
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Working...
            X