Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If money was no object what dream wheelchair would you go for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If money was no object what dream wheelchair would you go for?

Either: Manual or Electric?

Also, how would you spec it? i.e: frame colour/finish, wheels, etc?

And if choosing a manual chair, what (if any) power attachment would you add?

NB: And no I'm not offering to pay for it!

OK i'll bite, I would buy a full copy of the BM-3 version of a home made Brit chair, with a rehab seat that would manually tilt back just a bit, with use-able adjustable head rest. Otherwise than that a relatively powerful rear wheel power chair, with the same seating as I described, and 14" dia., wide drive tires (min 4") air filled tubeless tires on the rear drive wheels and tubed air filled on the front as well. All with the smallest foot print possible 24" wide max.

I cannot manually power a chair, manual chairs are out. Both shoulders are totally destroyed, reconstruction and rehab may well extend beyond my current life span. I do hope to enjoy the time I am going to be allotted, out of a Nursing Facility. And on the Road Again.

There are a few, but even those would need to be tinkered a bit to meet my specs.

Comment

Power....The new Ibot: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/05..._revives_ibot/
      Manual...I am happy with mine and my modified smartdrive.
      I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Power. Don't need power, but I'd add one of those modded Segway style chairs to my stable. That, or the carbon fiber Panthera. A friend of mine has one and it is incredible!
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Power: I want the Ogo that's being developed in New Zealand.
          Manual: I'd love to have a Carbon Black carbon fiber chair!

Comment

I'd have to go with a Blumil converted Segway in the power department. The Ibot platform with the stair climb function is kind of limited with types of stairs it can climb...so keeping it simple indicates a converted Segway as ideal. Manual chair...The TR I have is pretty much as good a chair as I can figure having. Not much to it, cant think of anything being 'better'.

Comment

Although I would have to get a Bigger Van
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnrcr-rOcuw
              "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

Comment

This with tilt/recline MY ULTIMATE "DO EVERYTHING WELL" POWER WHEELCHAIR

Comment

Exoskeleton when they become light like clothing
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

An inflatable wheelchair, that comes with a portable inflator, (rigidity similar to a basketball).

Comment

Flat Iron, that is the same one I tried to describe. For perfection some folks need to adjust the balance point, there is a guy who is producing a very similar model in GB. Unfortunately they have never been "tested" for Medical uses, to meet the requirements for "Durable Medical Equipment". But if you have the $$$$ to purchase one, go for it. Just be aware that, Medicare or most US Insurance programs will not buy it for you.

Comment

Wheelchair, smeell chair.
                        I'd get 6 big dudes to carry me around in a handsome chair. And two hand maidens to fan me, hold umbrella over me in the rain and sit on my lap to keep me warm.

Comment

My thoughts exactly. F the wheelchair! I'm amazed at how much lighter they have become. I'd rock one now with a smile and tell kids I'm a superhero.

Comment

Working...
                          X