No announcement yet.

firefly rio mobility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's is too kool I truly think that with a few adations here with my friend when they had we could have attached it I was fine with the way the handlebars were set up no problem but was scared for legs they were littleral black from behind knewes to ankles to scared of skin break down

but oh well

where you al find this neat stuff?

Comment

Forgot about Batec....and they are in the US http://livingspinal.com/power-assist...plegics-batec/ and as said pricey... I have done a lot of google searches over time there are lots of these types of things in different countries some sold here some not. Bike-on.com imports Stricker you could ask about Batec. I have not seen a used Batec for sell...

Comment

the smart tetra is about the best i have found for us. i have solid c5 customers who can mount unmount it. but the rio isnt comparable to the strickers cost wise. if i can help let me know i sell all stricker models, . they have gotten very popular here.
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com
        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
          the smart tetra is about the best i have found for us. i have solid c5 customers who can mount unmount it. but the rio isnt comparable to the strickers cost wise. if i can help let me know i sell all stricker models, . they have gotten very popular here.

that is awesome bike but I am soo strap for cash I just can not but was gonna ask u about it but I am strap I just bought a new house in florida and.......

Comment

This is the "dashboad" of my firefly.
            On the left, I've moved the brake lever which is now under the bar and oriented forward. therefore I can push on it, instead of grabbing the lever (that I can't do). This solution is totally inexpensive and doesn't work bad, can be improved because it's a bit difficult to brake strongly due to the lever travel.
            Right side I've wrapped a crampbuster (same idea as Arcalis0 - , mine is upside down to fit well, but I'm not happy with it. It's not well tightened on the handle due to his shape, and my hand also slips on it becuse my thumb isn't nicely positioned ... It could be better.
            The main issue IMO to hook/unhook this beast easily when you are a quad, is the lack of stand to keep it at a good height (and in good position) when you aren't using it. There's no other solution than letting it lying on the ground, and you must have pretty strong arms and good balance to position it nice for hooking. Other small issue, if you have followed the instructions, you have to lift a lot the front casters, and it is not easy too...
            Un-hooking is easyer if you have fastened big rings on the locking knobs, you can put your thumbs inside to push and unlock them. It works.

(sorry for the pics in wrong order !)
            Attached Files
            C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
            my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
            Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Comment

What kind of range do you get with these add/ons and how much do they weigh?

Comment

they said they are working on a clamp on

Comment

Hello, I want to purchase the new version of the Firefly and was wondering if anyone could help with setup questions before making such a purchase. I own a Tilite Aero X Series 2 (18x18 w/25" rear wheels and 5" casters). I checked their website for compatibility and was instructed to contact them. So, when I called, customer support was very nice. I was told that it should work but with no certainty (from how understood the response). They had to look for notes regarding my model and nothing definitive was documented. I watched the install video and cannot install the attachment brackets as high as described in the video. The only logical area is on the vertical tube between the swing away locking latch and the caster assembly on the main frame (note: not attached on the swing aways). My swing ways are tapered by 1" on each side, so that should help. Customer service that might work but again with no certainty. If anyone has some experience with the new version or has some input, your advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X