Schwalbe One Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
    The 23-559 are what we wheelchair users call 1" x 25".

The biking world calls those 26".
    Isn't the code 540, 559, 590; representing 24, 25, and 26 regardless of the other confusing stuff? I remember that when I first started I went to the bike shop for new tires, all he wanted to see was those three numbers to be sure he ordered the right ones.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by fasdude View Post
      I'd like to try these new tires but unfortunately they don't offer a 25" tire option.
      Those are 25 inch wheels. Like the people said buy the 23-559 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
        Isn't the code 540, 559, 590; representing 24, 25, and 26 regardless of the other confusing stuff?. . . .
        For wheelchairs, yes. For bicycles, not necessarily. In USA MTB (mountain bike) and road bike sizes in inches are different because the dimension refers to tire OD (not rim size): MTB tires have taller sidewalls. Internationally, it gets much worse. . . . inch sizing is all a confusing mess, which is why ETRTO dimensioning (e.g., "25-540") was established. ETRTO sizing is internationally consistent
        Last edited by chasmengr; 2 Mar 2016, 4:20 PM.
        Chas
        TiLite TR3
        Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
        I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
        <
        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
          Those are 25 inch wheels. Like the people said buy the 23-559 tires.
          x2
          Chas
          TiLite TR3
          Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
          I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
          <
          UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Awesome! I guess I will be trying these babies out after all when my current tires are worn out. I imagine the Speedruns that came with my new Tilite ZRA 6 months ago probably won't last very long. Because there is no tread whatsoever, I imagine that I will have to see belts to know when they are done...

Comment

I tried them, on 25" you save 800 grams on pair in comparison to Marathons.

BUT, they lasted only 3 months for me, so Marathons FTW!

Comment

Schwalbe Ones are spec'd as 24 x 0.9. I guess that means they are a bit narrower than MPs. But because they haven't got any tread does it mean that they have a lower profile? I've only used treaded tyres and was wondering if the rear seat height is lower when riding on slicks?

Comment

Honestly I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the schwalbe airborne's yet. they have been on my chair 2 years (almost to the day!) for me already with 1 tire rotation (and another one due). they are fast, more comfortable because they are wider and can be used at lower pressures, and have bits of traction that do help to get over door stops when the tires are wet.

i'm all for the airbornes

Comment

I liked the airbornes better than the one's as well. I am back to the Marathon Plus tires, mainly because they can take 120-130 PSI which neither the One or the Airborne's can. I also spend a good amount of time rolling around San Francisco and the MPs can take the odd bit of broken glass or whatever that might cause problems w/ the other two.

Originally posted by juniorsenior View Post
                    Honestly I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the schwalbe airborne's yet. they have been on my chair 2 years (almost to the day!) for me already with 1 tire rotation (and another one due). they are fast, more comfortable because they are wider and can be used at lower pressures, and have bits of traction that do help to get over door stops when the tires are wet.

i'm all for the airbornes

Comment

Working...
                    X