ZX-1 Manual into Power Chair Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZX-1 Manual into Power Chair Options?

Has anyone tried one of these Spinergy ZX-1 options to change a manual chair into a Power chair....or any other options/manufacturers that you might like? Thanks!

http://www.newmobility.com/2015/11/spinergy/

I have one and I love it. I can roll on on grass and hold something in my hand while rolling around
    Www.rachellefriedman.com

Follow me on Facebook at
    www.facebook.com/rachelleandchris

Follow me on twitter at
    www.twitter.com/followrachelle

Www.wheelstrong.com

sigpic

Comment

The ZX-1 inventor is a member of CCC: pattherat.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

My wife has a ZX-1 and considers it indispensable. I have a SmartDrive which is nice but the ZX-1 is a wonderful piece of equipment. My wife upgraded to lithium batteries, recommend you get these and extend your range.

Comment

I have a ZX-1 as well. It works very well. I don't use it a lot, just because I prefer to get as much exercise as possible in my manual chair when I venture outside.

Comment

How does this compare to the Efix 25? http://www.alber-usa.com/

I can see the positives. Any negatives you might have experienced (hows the reliability, and repairs, finding batteries/parts etc. do you have to go through a DME to get stuff done...sorry I havent seen this before, or heard of the company). Is it easy to install and travel with (does it fit in the trunk of a car or small suv)?

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
              The ZX-1 inventor is a member of CCC: pattherat.
              I'm sorry, I wasnt sure what CCC: pattherat is....

Comment

Originally posted by noworries View Post
                I'm sorry, I wasnt sure what CCC: pattherat is....
                CCC = Care Cure Community (this website). Scroll to top of the page, and look to left.

pattherat = CCC user name of the inventor of the ZX-1
                Chas
                TiLite TR3
                I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                <
                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Last time I checked there were about 13 or so folks on this site who have the ZX1. I'm one of them and it's changed my life. I'm older and started having weakness in shoulders with lots of difficulty pushing outdoors. Now use ZX1 every time I go out.
                  I have a van, so I can zip into it, staying in the scooter until I transfer to driver's seat.
                  Travel in a car could be an issue for you as it weighs about 70 pounds, and not practical to take apart. A trunk lift for scooters might work, then you can wheel around to enter car.
                  If you can get BOTH it would be awesome. However, I have heard the power assist wheels are heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by triumph View Post
                    Last time I checked there were about 13 or so folks on this site who have the ZX1. I'm one of them and it's changed my life. I'm older and started having weakness in shoulders with lots of difficulty pushing outdoors. Now use ZX1 every time I go out.
                    I have a van, so I can zip into it, staying in the scooter until I transfer to driver's seat.
                    Travel in a car could be an issue for you as it weighs about 70 pounds, and not practical to take apart. A trunk lift for scooters might work, then you can wheel around to enter car.
                    If you can get BOTH it would be awesome. However, I have heard the power assist wheels are heavy.
                    When you say BOTH, are you referring to the Zx1 and the efix....if so what would be the benefit in having both? They seem to do provide the same value, not sure if one has any different benefit?

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
                      CCC = Care Cure Community (this website). Scroll to top of the page, and look to left.

pattherat = CCC user name of the inventor of the ZX-1
                      Thanks for the clarification . Appreciate it. Still learning all the acronyms

Comment

FWIW, several other acronyms you'll find on CCC:

AB = Able Bodied
                        AHSR = Aluminum Hub Soft Roll casters
                        FL = Frog Legs
                        (e.g., 5" FLAHSR)
                        SD = SmartDrive
                        CoG = Center of Gravity (i.e., axle position)
                        Chas
                        TiLite TR3

<
                        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Yes, both ZX1 and power assist wheels. Don't know your situation but the power assist wheels may help wheeling around indoors as well as trips in a car that doesn't have a trunk lift to pick up the heavy zx1.
                          I rarely use my ZX1 indoors - live in a small home and my shoulders are still ok for indoor pushing around. I think someone else on here addressed the issue of whether one could use the two devices at the same time. I think there was some problem with combining them. In that case it would be cumbersome to have to remove the power wheels and put on standard wheels every time you wanted to use the ZX1.
                          It might be helpful to provide information on your physical limitations, as well as what you need to be able to do daily, such as work, school, homemaker, kids, what vehicle if you drive, etc.
                          I am paralyzed from chest down, weak shoulders from over-use not paralysis. I'm active each week - one class weekly where I go up a hill to entrance, shopping, cooking. A nice thing about zx1, when I get to class I "doff" it in order to move around the classroom - I park it in a corner then get back into it when I leave.

Comment

triumph,
                            Thanks! I guess I'm still not sure what the benefits of the Zx1 would be if we go with a Efix. They seem to do the same thing/provide the same value? OR am I missing something. Just trying to clarify .

Thank you!

Comment

I'm also a ZX-1 user, was using E-motion wheels before from time to time. As far as I can see, Efix and Zx-1 do the same. BUT you can hook/unhook the ZX-1 alone, easily, in 10 seconds. So, you have a manual chair, lightweight, maneuverable, with this electric add on removable exactly when you want. With the Efix, you have to drag all this stuff all the day, even if you don't need it anymore, because you can't separate it.
                              On the other hand, if s.o helps you, the Efix can be broken in small parts, and then put in a car. It can be difficult to do the same with the ZX-1. I hope this can help you.
                              C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
                              my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
                              Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Comment

Working...
                              X