Need Help with Wheelies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dickie_Lad View Post
    It took me a couple of days to get the hang on it. For me the hardest think was overcoming the fear of tipping over backwards.

To learn I arranged the furniture so I could reach out to the side with both arms (aka a bit like grasping parallel bars). Then while still holding on with both hands I rocked the chair back with bum/torso to get the front up. Once I got used to the balance point, I progressed to one hand on one piece of furniture and one hand on one push rim. Then eventually both hands on both push rims.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: But I wish I could do a rolling wheelie. I sometimes can going down an incline but am not very adept at it so don't do it very often for fear of wiping out, Ouch!
    I haven't mastered that yet so kudos to you!

Comment

Without adjusting any part of your wheelchair, see if you can move any of YOUR BODYWEIGHT forward. Lean, your head, reposition butt very slightly forward. Where are your hands on rear wheel when trying this? Reposition grip farther down as if going backward.

Comment

Originally posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
        Without adjusting any part of your wheelchair, see if you can move any of YOUR BODYWEIGHT forward. Lean, your head, reposition butt very slightly forward. Where are your hands on rear wheel when trying this? Reposition grip farther down as if going backward.
        Do you mean move her body weight back? Shifting her weight forward would have the same effect as moving her axle back; i.e., making the chair harder, not easier, to tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Segreto View Post
          I haven't mastered that yet so kudos to you!
          After reading this today, I thought I better do some practicing sharpish, in case my nose starts growing like Pinnochio's!

Comment

Working...
          X