EMC/Smart shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMC/Smart shift

Currently when I press the N it goes to drive..the dealer said the actuator went out $1600..has anyone had this issue..
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

I have not had that situation...yet.

There are calibrations for the Smart-Shift. Normally calibration should not change. Have they run diagnostics to check to see if the actuator position numbers have changed from those originally set?. Has the cable been damaged?.

Comment

Yes..everything is working..but the actuator..I've had it 2yrs..it comes with a 1yr warranty..
      Louie Gonzalez
      C6 C7

Comment

That is very expensive, especially for how much use you have had. I hope mine lasts, it is 10 years last month. I have a stand alone CCI Memory Shift which I bought for another vehicle and did not use, but I do not think it can be integrated into the EMC Control panel.

Comment

I know..mine is the stand alone too..I'm on eBay searching now..
          Louie Gonzalez
          C6 C7

Comment

I would be cautious. Would your dealer install a used EMC component? Will they continue to service your system if non authorized EMC work was done? I know this sounds ridiculous but I have heard some accounts of dealers having to disable systems if the service life has been exceeded or unsafe.

Comment

Working...
            X