Coated or uncoated hand rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coated or uncoated hand rims

What are your thoughts on either the coated hand rims or the un coated ones. I have always had the coated ones but I am tired of them being cut etc from doors etc. I live in North Dakota so 5 plus months of the year I am dealing with snow the coated ones seem to get slick from the snow and I would assume the un coated ones would as well but I have no idea. I am fairly active so my chair sees a lot of outdoor use whenever the weather allows me to venture out so I am wondering how the un coated ones are for pushing etc. I would appreciate any comments on this

Thanks in advance
    Nevada

In wisconsin I definitely hate how cold my normal handrims get and think a coating would make them much less unpleasant to the touch

Comment

Uncoated handrims are very slippery in snow. Under the right winter conditions they can even ice up to be nearly unpushable. I like foam coated that can be compressed I find this helps with grip with winter gloves on. Right now there seems to be a conspiracy to do away with affordable, coated pushrims accompanied by introduction of vastly overpriced coated pushrims.

Comment

Working...
      X