My Awesome Wheelchair Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Awesome Wheelchair Mod

i just finished this up. a 12" kids bike front end mounted to a Quickie Q7 with 3" angle iron and a torsion brace connected to scissor-brake supports. rides so fast, smooth and fun.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nicotico; 27 Sep 2015, 12:41 PM. Reason: been so long i forgot what model i had
    Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened

Video of this in action or it didn't happen.

Comment

deal. tomorrow. mind. blown.

Comment

That's a Q7 not quickie 2 (which is a folding chair)
        Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Just - great.

Comment

Originally posted by nicotico View Post
            deal. tomorrow. mind. blown.
            Great!! I'd love to see it in action, too.
            Chas
            TiLite TR3
            Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
            I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
            <
            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

https://youtu.be/qJkLiA5mcJw

check it out here. fun with the family.

Comment

nice... maybe some rear suspension and more camber?

Comment

Nice work. Congratulations.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

pretty sweet. What keeps the handlebars from flopping to the side while you're pushing?

Comment

Originally posted by funklab View Post
                        pretty sweet. What keeps the handlebars from flopping to the side while you're pushing?
                        the rake keeps them mostly straight under its pressure and i can steer with the push of the wheels as well as the handles which max out their turning radius when they hit the seat

Comment

Very Nice!! Great job
                          Chas
                          TiLite TR3
                          Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                          I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                          <
                          UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

You obviously worked out a fun mod. I tried something similar, but the steering wheel would not stay forward. Maybe you have more rake than I did. Check your video at 0:20, the comment about more camber is a good one.
                            I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Awesome, great fun! Now you just need a little hub motor in that front wheel to help you up those hills!
                              Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

Working...
                              X