Chevy explorer conversion van walkthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy explorer conversion van walkthrough

Finally everything is good on our van. lift had to be replaced and I put my mpd's back in. little advice, don't try different handcontrols after using the same kind for 20 yrs. no matter what anyone tells you, they are all VERY different.

as for this van, I absolutely love it and wish I had made the switch from cars 10 yrs ago. My good friend JohnC was right!!

super easy transfers in both seats, tons of room(easily fit, my handcycle, my chair and my wifes bike), and it is so nice transferring inside out of the elements all the time. my shoulders feel great.

ALso well worth the money to raise garage header and all that to get it in.

Last edited by fuentejps; 14 Sep 2015, 7:37 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Hey Buddy looks great! Put a bead of clear silicone on the front edge where the metal transition plate is bolted into the floor. When the snow melts, the water will gather and create rust and rot. For what it's worth, do the other 3 sides as well.
    Glad it's working out.

Comment

didn't think of that, will do this week. thx John.
      Originally posted by johnc1 View Post
      Hey Buddy looks great! Put a bead of clear silicone on the front edge where the metal transition plate is bolted into the floor. When the snow melts, the water will gather and create rust and rot. For what it's worth, do the other 3 sides as well.
      Glad it's working out.
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com

Comment

That's a sweet ride, John.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

thx. wish I wouldn't have been so bull headed for so long, really so much easier on my arms.
          Originally posted by nonoise View Post
          That's a sweet ride, John.
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Cool!

Here you go:

Comment

andy, how did you do that???
              Bike-on.com rep
              John@bike-on.com

Comment

Really nice van John. I hate to see Braun discontinue that trifold lift. I currently have one that's bulletproof. I encourage both quads and paras to set up their everyday living environments to do gravity transfers when possible. We use our power seats to transfer down from chair to van seat then down from van seat to chair and we use Transfermaster beds to do the same in and out of bed. I am T-10 for 45 years and aged 70. You only get one set of shoulders.

Comment

Niice. Lifts make me so nervous though .. why not a ramp?
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                    andy, how did you do that???
                    open bracket youtube] put video number showing after equal sign in the youtube address [/youtube close bracket

Gotta do the open/close thing otherwise what I wrote wont show up

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                      Niice. Lifts make me so nervous though .. why not a ramp?
                      ramps just arent quad friendly, I could not get up any of them, if I could it would be a struggle under perfect conditions, no way in rain and snow and mini vans are to small.
                      Last edited by fuentejps; 14 Sep 2015, 7:58 PM.
                      Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com

Comment

John that thing is a beast!

Comment

for those who missed the pics after we raised garage header, new operator and door. our garage was 7 ft opening, we needed 8ft.

Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Nice. Thank you both for making and sharing the video.
                            Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Sweet van, thanks for the video too.

Comment

Working...
                              X