Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Connected Catheter by Spinal Singularity

The Connected Catheter by Spinal Singularity

The world's first semi-permanent, fully internal, smart catheter system for Neurogenic Bladder.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ularity#/story

Interesting. Unfortunately not for women, and not sure that it would be helpful for those with an areflexive bladder, nor for those without good hand function. Also, they don't address some of the evidence that simply having a foreign object inside the bladder (for example a Foley balloon or in this case, the sensor and retaining device) can actually be a cause of UTI. Will have to watch this...I suspect just getting FDA approval will take a number of years.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I wonder how difficult it would be to remove? A few years back a new foley design used a similar method to keep the foley from pulling out. No balloon. It required a urologist to insert it and extract it using a stylet. I would be kind of paranoid of just anyone trying to remove it in an emergency situation.
      Last edited by Brent K; 5 Sep 2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

If your phone battery drains, and you don't get a reminder to open the valve in time, then the catheter drains ?

"The valve is designed so that when the bladder reaches a certain pressure (just below the safe limit), the valve will open with or without user input."

Last edited by 2drwhofans; 6 Sep 2015, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Yea that made me wonder. I understand the protecting the kidneys part, but what if something happened and you peed your pants in the middle of something really important....
          Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

i can see that tiny valve getting blocked by the very same crap it causes being inside the bladder for long periods.

Comment

Working...
            X