Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleep Number Beds, revisited. (she hides behind a tree for beating a dead horse)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really like ours. 2 chamber style. Davey's right, though. Side sleeping on your supine sleep number is not good. However, when on my back I use 35 and on my side I use 65. Both set at the store using their mapping bed. After ten years the border frame (mostly foam) is breaking down. Sucks because they don't sell it separate for my model.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I bought the I8, about 4k, and an after market base, saved me about 1200
      An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by feisty View Post
        I bought the I8, about 4k, and an after market base, saved me about 1200
        congrats, let us know how you like it
        C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Has anyone found a good base to use with a Sleep Number mattress that not only allows raising/lowering the head and foot, but also raising/lowering the whole mattress? I think this is usually called a hi-lo feature. I've been in the market for a new frame/base and mattress for a number of years now, and I haven't found one that can settle on. I really like Sleep Number mattresses, but I want to find a solid base to combine it with since the Sleep Number options do not include hi-lo adjustability.

Comment

I went to matthews mattress. They're all over California... not sure about other states. It's base raises and lowers head and feet, and the legs have 3 different height adjustments so you can make it CHAIR level. It was on sale for a little under $700
            An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by EyesOfTexas View Post
              Has anyone found a good base to use with a Sleep Number mattress that not only allows raising/lowering the head and foot, but also raising/lowering the whole mattress? I think this is usually called a hi-lo feature. I've been in the market for a new frame/base and mattress for a number of years now, and I haven't found one that can settle on. I really like Sleep Number mattresses, but I want to find a solid base to combine it with since the Sleep Number options do not include hi-lo adjustability.
              Not cheap, but you may want to check out Transfer Master: http://www.transfermaster.com/

When looking at a bed frame (not mattress) also consider access for the use of a mobile floor-based lift (like a Hoyer) if you should need this at some time now or in the future.

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
              X