Do any of you quads drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoJo View Post
    it looks like the SureGrips are offered for many UTV's. Was there a specific UTV brand that worked best in your Wrangler?
    A guy at SureGrip told me to get SG-R121. I got them here: http://www.utvhandcontrols.com

I've been looking at Wranglers. How do you plan to get in and out of the Jeep?
    pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
      ok, had this hydroboost installed. it didn't work right, nor did myself or mech notice a difference so he removed it and I sent back for refund.
      That sucks. Did he say why he didn't do the additional two boosters like he did mine?
      pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

he didnt really remember your job. I told him what I was after, he said a sensitized hydroboost would do it. he wants to tear it apart and see why its not working right? I need to cut my losses at this point. nice guy, and told me he'd stay after it until he got it if that's what I wanted.

how is braking in your jeep?

Originally posted by pattherat View Post
        That sucks. Did he say why he didn't do the additional two boosters like he did mine?
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com
        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

how is braking in your jeep?
          Haven't driven it yet. I need to have a custom gas tank made because of the lowered floor, but I'm not at that stage yet. This is going in next:

My van's brake system is overdue for a flushing. Email me his number and I'll take it down to him to refresh his memory.
          pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

pm sent
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by pattherat View Post
              Haven't driven it yet. I need to have a custom gas tank made because of the lowered floor, but I'm not at that stage yet. This is going in next:
              Jeep's looking nice!

Did you find someone to build you a tank?

Have you looked into using a off the shelf fuel cell?

Jim
              Jim, MA, MMET
              Bridgewater, MA

Comment

No hydro boost is not the same as a sensitized booster. Sensitized booster is just a swap out with a modified power brake booster a hydro boost is a complete system swap.

Hydroboost runs off the power steering pump and creates almost twice the braking power that a vacuum assisted brake system will apply to the wheels. They are designed for use in low vacuum situations like in a race car or off road vehicle with a highly modified engine that can't produce enough vacuum for braking.

http://www.thehollisterroadcompany.com/hydroboost.html

http://www.powerbrake-drivetrain.com...brake-booster/

REMANUFACTURED SENSITIZED POWER BRAKE BOOSTER

FITS:73-78 GMC MOTORHOMe
                GREAT PERFORMANCE ENHANCER TO THE MASTER CYLINDER TO STOP THE MOTORHOME SENSITIZED BOOSTER INITIATES VALVE AT 15LBS. AND IS FULLY ACTIVATED AT 25LBS. PEDAL PRESSURE.

that's what this was.
                Last edited by darty; 7 Oct 2015, 10:17 AM.
                ^^(A)^^

Comment

the new chevys run off a hydroboost Darty, no vacuum booster.

Originally posted by darty View Post
                  No hydro boost is not the same as a sensitized booster. Sensitized booster is just a swap out with a modified power brake booster a hydro boost is a complete system swap.

Hydroboost runs off the power steering pump and creates almost twice the braking power that a vacuum assisted brake system will apply to the wheels. They are designed for use in low vacuum situations like in a race car or off road vehicle with a highly modified engine that can't produce enough vacuum for braking.

http://www.thehollisterroadcompany.com/hydroboost.html

http://www.powerbrake-drivetrain.com...brake-booster/

REMANUFACTURED SENSITIZED POWER BRAKE BOOSTER

FITS:73-78 GMC MOTORHOMe
                  GREAT PERFORMANCE ENHANCER TO THE MASTER CYLINDER TO STOP THE MOTORHOME SENSITIZED BOOSTER INITIATES VALVE AT 15LBS. AND IS FULLY ACTIVATED AT 25LBS. PEDAL PRESSURE.
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
                    Jeep's looking nice!

Did you find someone to build you a tank?

Have you looked into using a off the shelf fuel cell?

Jim
                    Thanks Jim. I'll post a new thread when I finish it.
                    I found a guy fairly close that builds really nice aluminum tanks. I just have to finish the conversion first.
                    Problem with off the shelf is finding a shape that'll fit without losing too much capacity. The space is about 5 ft long but only 11" wide and 7" high.
                    pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. Your Jeep is an amazing undertaking. Looks great. Have you checked the steering in the Wrangler? I haven't got in a Wrangler but in the Toyota FJ Cruiser the steering required significantly more effort than my Sienna and was a long reach from the driver's seat. I'm used to having the steering wheel pretty close.

Comment

my 08 GMC 4wd z71, conversion by ATC
                        Attached Files

Comment

Do you have enough headroom?
                          "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Comment

nice kyle.
                            I still haven't got my refund on that hydroboost that Bob Sweetney modded. sent back and delivered 3 weeks ago. ive left multiple vm and email. I hope im wrong, I will update
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com

Comment

Well that sucks. Would have been really cool if that guy didn't flake out. Maybe some other source can be found as it is known to be able to be done?

Anyway, while reduced effort stuff is on my mind, have you considered removal of the 'extra' spring in your electronic gas pedal for reduced gas effort? It's a nice mod that does a good job of very noticeably smoothing out the gas feel and effort when using hand controls on those types of pedals. And best of all, you guys can DIY it in the comfort of your garage with basic hand tools.

Comment

Originally posted by 24/7 Quad View Post
                                Do you have enough headroom?
                                I have to duck a little going in, but inside there's plenty, actually more than my Honda minivan!

Comment

Working...
                                X