No announcement yet.

TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you mean you know the antitip receivers mount to the bracket?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sowseng View Post
      you mean you know the antitip receivers mount to the bracket?
      Yes, fixing its position relative to the rear axle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TR SSCA Receiver Position.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	2658903

Approved CAD shows it mounting here into a longer lower tube (which has been cut off), and the users manual explicitly states it will slide in and out:

Name:	TR SSCA CAD mounting position.JPG
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	2658904

Name:	TR User Manual - QR SSCA.JPG
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	2658906
      Attached Files
      Last edited by chasmengr; 08-07-2015, 01:06 PM.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Even if TiLite remakes the frame, this pan will still work. No Velcro; it just sits in place nicely. The side guards hold it down; even though side guards are the removable style, I wedged them in pretty good to keep them from flexing and rubbing the tires (1/2" tire spacing).

My aluminum seatpan:

Name:	1-20150807_141106.jpg
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	2658907

The chair fits perfectly I'm just afraid to use it anywhere but my living room.

Even TiLte's eStore shows the parts I thought I was getting:

Name:	TiLite QR TR3 SSCA.JPG
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	2658908
        Last edited by chasmengr; 08-07-2015, 05:36 PM.
        Chas
        TiLite TR3
        I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
        <
        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

i would still put something under the seat pan to cushion it against the frame, even if the velco isnt needed that much it will help protect the frame whilst helping keep it in place, also i duno if its just me but i would want to round those corners off :P

Comment

Name:	chasmengrTR308a.jpg
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	2658912

Wonder how strong is the plate can bear your weight?

Comment

Wonder how strong is the plate can bear your weight?
              I'll find out won't I. It's TiLite's standard design for amputee adapters.
              Chas
              TiLite TR3

<
              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by rAdGie View Post
                i would still put something under the seat pan to cushion it against the frame, even if the velco isnt needed that much it will help protect the frame whilst helping keep it in place, also i duno if its just me but i would want to round those corners off :P
                I'm not concerned about protecting that part of the frame. I have a roll of helicopter tape I'll apply to exposed parts of my final chair. The corners of the seatpan are 'eased"; I'll leave them for now, and see how they work out.
                Chas
                TiLite TR3

<
                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Your chair looks really awesome and I hope they get it sorted relatively soon. I feel like this is a silly question (or maybe one you've answered already?), but I was wondering what the second axle was for or how you intend on using it.

Comment

How thick is your seat pan? It look quite thick.

Comment

Originally posted by betazoidgal View Post
                      Your chair looks really awesome and I hope they get it sorted relatively soon. I feel like this is a silly question (or maybe one you've answered already?), but I was wondering what the second axle was for or how you intend on using it.
                      Thanks!! I have a Rio Mobility Dragonfly; it has very poor traction with wheels in the normal position. I plan to move my wheels to the rear axle when using the Dragonfly to achieve much better traction.

How thick is your seat pan? It look quite thick.
                      ah oops, you caught me . . . I should have ordered thinner; When I measured the thickness of my existing pan, I forgot it was coated, and ordered 3/16" instead of 1/8". It's a bit heavy (about 5#). But it was free
                      Chas
                      TiLite TR3

<
                      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

The chair is beautiful. Well done on all the design and the styling.

I think you are being incredibly patient Chas, and I applaud you for it. I agree, it could have just been a last minute mistake, and better to give them a chance to respond. Whatever you do, don't let anyone back down from getting the chair you designed and signed off on.

Just as a note, should you ever want to consider a ZX-1 power add-on, it would probably be impossible with that added bracket.
                        Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

good luck today Chas!
                          --------------------------------
                          TiLite Aero Z since 10/2014
                          I have Dysautonomia which results in the inability to stand or walk for more than a couple of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by k4olin View Post
                            good luck today Chas!
                            Thanks.

You scared me - I had to run check my calendar - my meeting is tomorrow . . whew
                            Chas
                            TiLite TR3

<
                            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

The meeting went well. The TiLite engineer who is responsible for final sign off of all fabrication was in a meeting, so no official decision exists yet, but the rep with whom I met acknowledges the chair was not built according to approved CAD. And VA had me leave the TR with them, and asked that I hold on to the packing material for now. The rep told me that in his experience, TiLite has always made it right.
                              Chas
                              TiLite TR3

<
                              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

From what you just said, I'd say the meeting went well. Somebody back in Pasco has a lot of explaining to do.
                                I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Working...
                                X