No announcement yet.

TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy for you ! Post some pics w/Dragonfly please!

Comment

First in-service pics.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Wow, you probably have the strongest anti tip(s) Tilite has ever delivered to a customer. It's time for you to go dancing.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Looking good. Remind me, is the plan to use a different set of wheels on the aft camber tube when you use the Dragonfly? You sure have a lot of gadgets. What are the red webbed straps for?
          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
            Wow, finally?
            Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elarson View Post
              Looking good. Remind me, is the plan to use a different set of wheels on the aft camber tube when you use the Dragonfly? You sure have a lot of gadgets. What are the red webbed straps for?
              Thanks.

No, I'll just move my MagicWheels aft, and put them in low gear to engage their anti-rollback feature so when Dragonfly loses traction peddling uphill, I don't roll backwards. (I don't yet have the MW brackets for the rear axle; MW (Provail) won't let VA buy them ???? So I'm mulling options.)

All those gadgets provide me considerable independence away from home.

The red straps were custom made for me by Strapworks.com; the set on my TR are the third pair they've made for me. They are transit tie downs: loops easily reached by bus drivers to hook in their huge metal hooks.

I also bought the silver strap from Strapworks; it's off-the-shelf for hooking the chair to my Bruno Lift.
              Last edited by chasmengr; 31 May 2016, 8:02 PM.
              Chas
              TiLite TR3
              I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
              <
              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
                Wow, you probably have the strongest anti tip(s) Tilite has ever delivered to a customer. It's time for you to go dancing.
                They're not quite fully adjusted yet, but I've down spins in my living room already, and they are great!!
                Chas
                TiLite TR3

<
                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Yep. The wait has been worth it. This chair is fabulous
                  Chas
                  TiLite TR3

<
                  UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Great news! Congratulations! I feel like you should be having an official launch party and a cake after all this time...

Comment

Originally posted by travelswithtitanium View Post
                      Great news! Congratulations! I feel like you should be having an official launch party and a cake after all this time...
                      Hmmmm, I'll check with the Boss.
                      Chas
                      TiLite TR3

<
                      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Chas, great to see that the saga has ended well! I'm going to the VA on Tuesday to pick up a Smart Drive MX2 for my Icon. Can't wait to see how it does off-road (but on-trail).
                        Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                        T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

Thanks.

I've read both good and bad things about MX2, Hope you get the good things!! Let us know
                          Chas
                          TiLite TR3

<
                          UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                            Chas, great to see that the saga has ended well! I'm going to the VA on Tuesday to pick up a Smart Drive MX2 for my Icon. Can't wait to see how it does off-road (but on-trail).
                            As long as traction is not an issue it does fine, but 8" and it's contact patch is small.
                            I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

. . .I don't yet have the MW brackets for the rear axle; MW (Provail) won't let VA buy them ???? So I'm mulling options. . .
                              Provail (MagicWheel vendor) has finally 'approved' selling to VA, and VA has ordered them. No tracking is available to me though, so I have absolutely no idea when they'll arrive.

Also, curiously, I took my Dragonfly to a local bike shop to have some minor adjusting done (I don't want to buy the special Shimano tools required), and the new guy at the shop said he wouldn't work on it . . . WTF . . . where's the old guy that was excited to work on something different? Now I need to use a different bike shop.
                              Chas
                              TiLite TR3

<
                              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Provail (MagicWheel vendor) has finally 'approved' selling to VA, and VA has ordered them. No tracking is available to me though, so I have absolutely no idea when they'll arrive.

Also, curiously, I took my Dragonfly to a local bike shop to have some minor adjusting done (I don't want to buy the special Shimano tools required), and the new guy at the shop said he wouldn't work on it . . . WTF . . . where's the old guy that was excited to work on something different? Now I need to use a different bike shop.
                                Liability, a friend of a friend broke a leg because her Hoyer lift failed. I was asked if I wanted to repair the Hoyer for her. I said no.

Comment

Working...
                                X