No announcement yet.

TiLite TR3 Fabrication Progress Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my TR3 recently and it took 4 months from seating clinic to receiving the chair. Then I sent it back and made them build me another frame that was done right, which took another month. I'm now in the process of deciding on whether I will need a third frame built, or if I can work out the current issues myself. I'll be starting a thread soon with pics and will go into more detail. T8burst - hopefully you will have better luck than me...but I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad09 View Post
      Got my TR3 recently and it took 4 months from seating clinic to receiving the chair. Then I sent it back and made them build me another frame that was done right, which took another month. I'm now in the process of deciding on whether I will need a third frame built, or if I can work out the current issues myself. I'll be starting a thread soon with pics and will go into more detail. T8burst - hopefully you will have better luck than me...but I wouldn't count on it.
      That's frustrating! Did the frame you received deviate from the CAD drawing?
      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
        That's frustrating! Did the frame you received deviate from the CAD drawing?
        Yea, that's after going through three or four CAD drawings until they got them right. Then the first frame they sent had the crossbar under the seat at 15" from the back rest, the CAD drawing said 10"...not even close, and the caster pin width was off by an inch as well. The second frame has one of my casters floating 1/8" off the ground, and the backrest folds down at a slight angle pushing into/scratching my left carbon side guard. Not sure if those things are enough to justify a third frame but I'm gonna ask just in case. I'm tired of dealing with Tilite at this point, so I may just see if I can put a spacer on the top of the fork and adjust my side guards to be good enough.

Comment

Wow, that is really diffent than the experience I had 5 years ago when I got my Zra. To be honest I have hit my out of pocket max on my co-pay and am happy w/ my Icon, I just need a chair with an axle for when I use my ZX1 so am in no great rush. Props to the Icon design it was impossible for TiLite to match the RSH of my Icon unless I was willing to go down to 24 inch wheels. But insurance is going to pop for a new chair (and Smartdrive MX2) so why not?

Tangentially, I have heard of people attaching SmartDrives to Icons, is that a handmade thing or is it supported by Icon?

Yea, that's after going through three or four CAD drawings until they got them right. Then the first frame they sent had the crossbar under the seat at 15" from the back rest, the CAD drawing said 10"...not even close, and the caster pin width was off by an inch as well. The second frame has one of my casters floating 1/8" off the ground, and the backrest folds down at a slight angle pushing into/scratching my left carbon side guard. Not sure if those things are enough to justify a third frame but I'm gonna ask just in case. I'm tired of dealing with Tilite at this point, so I may just see if I can put a spacer on the top of the fork and adjust my side guards to be good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
            Tangentially, I have heard of people attaching SmartDrives to Icons, is that a handmade thing or is it supported by Icon?
            Grommet has an SD on his Icon...I'm pretty sure he got the adaptor from MaxMobility (the SD manufacturer). Photos are in post 405 in this thread: http:///forum/showthread.php?200279-...ive+icon+photo
            Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

Cad review tilite tra

Last edited by JOTTY88; 24 Mar 2016, 12:52 PM.

Jotty
              Ecuadorian, athlete. T5 T4 paraplegic spinal cord injury since Dec 2013

Comment

What colors/finishes, Jotty?
                Chas
                TiLite TR3
                Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                <
                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I met with PT and TiLite rep yesterday. I left with the impression a solution to my anti-tip situation may yet be available through TiLite. I have an out-of-pocket solution with TiLite parts; I just feel TiLite should deliver the features/parts they promised (through signed-off CAD), and I'm just waiting for them to send me the appropriate parts instead of buying them myself (about $200US).
                  Last edited by chasmengr; 25 Mar 2016, 12:42 AM.
                  Chas
                  TiLite TR3
                  I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                  <
                  UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Thanks for the update. TiLite definitely should be delivering the features/parts they promised. This has taken a ridiculously long time to sort out and give you straight answers about. I sure hope they respond to you quickly, and hopefully with a workable solution. If they can't do it, they should also respond quickly, and give reimbursement so you can do your own solution.

BTW, I took a picture of a dance ZRA or AeroZ (not sure) I saw recently here in Holland with a single anti-tip. I kind of think it is the standard one, but let me know if you want me to post a photo of it.
                    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

We will see, mine will be delivered 4/18 which is about 6 weeks from being ordered.

Comment

I was thinking of getting a new TX2 when they became available to the public through a website. I don't know now, Tilite sounds like it's becoming a nightmare to deal with in terms of customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by StormSong View Post
                          I was thinking of getting a new TX2 when they became available to the public through a website. I don't know now, Tilite sounds like it's becoming a nightmare to deal with in terms of customer service.
                          Please keep in mind, my TR3 is super custom (really pushing the envelope on TiFit: dual axle and fifth-wheel antitip).

The TiLite rep apologized to me in person the other day saying TiLite should have consulted me during fabrication when the realized they had an issue. Instead they changed the design without telling me. I suspect much hassle would have been avoided had they simply sought my feedback. Hopefully they learned something.

(VA ordered the chair for me, and I suspect VA bureaucracy paid for it already negating all financial leverage, so we are now relying solely on TiLite's goodwill.)

TiLite also has FDA approvals to deal with, which can throw a monkey wrench into any untested design.
                          Last edited by chasmengr; 25 Mar 2016, 7:17 PM.
                          Chas
                          TiLite TR3

<
                          UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by elarson View Post
                            Thanks for the update. . .

BTW, I took a picture of a dance ZRA or AeroZ (not sure) I saw recently here in Holland with a single anti-tip. I kind of think it is the standard one, but let me know if you want me to post a photo of it.
                            You're welcome Yes please post a pic of the dance chair.
                            Chas
                            TiLite TR3

<
                            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Finally, received parts from TiLite (four antitip receivers) a few weeks ago. They needed minor shaping to work for my intent, and I got the fifth-wheel antitipper mounted yesterday; now it's adjustable per original design intent/promise.

TiLite eventually delivered (after ten months)!!

My TR3 is now in service It feels absolutely fabulous. I plan to leave the house with it tomorrow
                              Chas
                              TiLite TR3

<
                              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Wonderful news Chas. I'm really happy or you and that you got the results that you were after. I'll be looking forward to final config photo's. Hope you enjoy your new ride...
                                Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Working...
                                X