what legbag you use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what legbag you use

i was using freedom twist valve 1000 ml legbags my vendor said they dont make them bags anymore and sent me conveen security legbag by coloplast i dont know if i like the flip drain and wondered what yall were using
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I use reusables. Like this but 18 oz: http://www.exmed.net/p-3046-urocare-...FVc7gQodfaoH0g

Comment

Hollister 9805 for almost 15 years. Has the flip valve which makes it easy drain if you have impaired finger function.

Comment

Urocare Vinyl Disposable Leg Bags available in 18oz (550ml) or 32oz (1000ml), choice of clamp or twist drain system.
        http://www.urocare.com/EN/Products/U...ylLgBgsEN.php\

All the best,
        GJ

Comment

Conveen 5174 and I like the drain because it is flat and not easy to kick open when legs spazz out but still easy to flip open and closes securely. Me and twist drains just don't get along.

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
            Urocare Vinyl Disposable Leg Bags available in 18oz (550ml) or 32oz (1000ml), choice of clamp or twist drain system.
            http://www.urocare.com/EN/Products/U...ylLgBgsEN.php\

All the best,
            GJ
            Yep, Urocare 9532. Basically the same bag I've been using since the mid 70's.
            "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I use the Urocare 44 oz reusable with cloth/foam straps and the lever clamp drain. I put the top strap above my knee and run the bag over my knee or down the side. I fold the bag at the bottom (just above the drain) and tuck the drain tube under the bottom foam strap.
              Last edited by Kulea; 28 Jun 2015, 3:59 PM.
              C-6/7 incomplete

Comment

thanks ill check into the urocares they seem popular
                to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Urocare 32oz reusable. Cloth straps. d

Comment

I would like to see Coloplast re-issue the Freedom bags. Much better than anything else on the market for me. As a walker, I liked the fact that the tube could be hidden out of sight in its pouch. No so with that shitty Conveen bag. Any tube hanging down can visible when I get out of my chair or getting out of a vehicle. For a professional office worker as I am, discretion is a much needed option.

Comment

Originally posted by rollin' man View Post
                      Urocare 32oz reusable. Cloth straps. d
                      Or this: http://www.urocare.com/EN/Products/FrbcLgBgHldrsEN.php

All the best,
                      GJ

Comment

Originally posted by graybeard View Post
                        I would like to see Coloplast re-issue the Freedom bags. Much better than anything else on the market for me. As a walker, I liked the fact that the tube could be hidden out of sight in its pouch. No so with that shitty Conveen bag. Any tube hanging down can visible when I get out of my chair or getting out of a vehicle. For a professional office worker as I am, discretion is a much needed option.
                        Have you tried tucking the tube up and under the strap? You would have to pull it out to drain, then tuck it back under the strap.
                        C-6/7 incomplete

Comment

Because the reuseable ones on the market are made of latex, which I am allergic to, I recently started using a Hollister vented leg bag, and it has worked great. I also use Bard leg bags once in a while with flip flow valve.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulea View Post
                            Have you tried tucking the tube up and under the strap? You would have to pull it out to drain, then tuck it back under the strap.
                            Thanks for the response, Kulea. I am kinda concerned about the tube/drain leaving marks on my leg. Any problems with this? As a somewhat walker, will the walking move the bag to spot where the skin could be in trouble?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by graybeard View Post
                              Thanks for the response, Kulea. I am kinda concerned about the tube/drain leaving marks on my leg. Any problems with this? As a somewhat walker, will the walking move the bag to spot where the skin could be in trouble?

Thanks for your help!
                              No harm in trying it and experimenting. If the strap is too tight, you might have some marks, and you might even get a blister. But, if that is the case, the strap is probably cutting off your circulation anyway. You might get a small indentation on your skin, but this goes away soon after taking off the strap, and I don't think it is anything to be concerned about. I have worn my tube strap this way for 30 years. I don't walk, but I would think walking would help by keeping up the circulation. And, you could periodically, move the tube to a slightly different spot if this bothers you. If you use a cloth strap, you might be able to tuck it between where the two sides of the strap overlap, so that it isn't being pressed directly against your skin.
                              C-6/7 incomplete

Comment

Working...
                              X