X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pants Up Easy

Just saw this on Facebook.

stephen@bike-on.com

Looks interesting...but no prices on their website. Their website mentions they were at the LA abilities expo too.

Comment

Looks pretty hard on your shoulders.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I saw this at the LA Abilities Expo. It's a very cool idea and would work well for paras, not so much for a quad.

Comment

Too cool!

Comment

I like it!
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
              I like it!
              Look again, Jenn. It's called Pants UP Easy, not Pants OFF easy.
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Lol!
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Like I'm going to mount something like that on the wall at work where I would need it. I don't need it at home....just as easy to jump into bed and yank them up.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                    Just saw this on Facebook.

I got one of these about a month ago and it is great! Of course I won't be able to post a picture of it without screwing around with the size! A real PITA on the site

So I'm back after a trip to the resizer:

I mounted it across the window opening in my bathroom. The device allows easy/quick adjustment of height via spring loaded pins (not visible here) on the outsides of the chrome carriers.
                    I want to take it down and spray it flat black; looks too institutional, even in a bathroom!
                    While it's off, I'll take a peek to see if it's possible to shorten the chromed tubing/shafts so the cushions nearly butt the triangular supports; these are needlessly long for my setup.
                    The asking price for this, the cheapest option, was ~$1100. I was on the fence for a month until suddenly I could get it for $800.
                    Even then, it seemed a lot for something I'd been doing the hard way for 22 years (humping my ass into my pants on the wheelchair), but now, at 70 years old, elbows and shoulders are getting tired, and the maneuver to reach behind my back and grab the top of the pants, then hump and haul them that last bit up was becoming painful, so I relented and paid up.
                    I'm not sorry I did! This is surprisingly effective!
                    It also makes a good place to hang my shirt and pants on overnite!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by pfcs49; 19 Nov 2017, 9:36 PM.
                    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                    NW NJ

Comment

Working...
                    X