TiLite ZR2 - Round Betty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
    Don't disagree with anything you wrote. What wheelchair manufacturer does *direct* customer service?
    Box wheelchairs. Have you ever done business with Mike Box? he has an excellent reputation and my reservation is that his is a small operation, he is no longer young, and whenever he closes down that is the end.

Postscript- Stephen you are a huge asset to CureCare. You do know the old joke about "A small kitchen is a kitchenette? A small ass is...
    Last edited by Tetracyclone; 05-31-2019, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetracyclone View Post
      Box wheelchairs. Have you ever done business with Mike Box? he has an excellent reputation and my reservation is that his is a small operation, he is no longer young, and whenever he closes down that is the end.

Postscript- Stephen you are a huge asset to CureCare. You do know the old joke about "A small kitchen is a kitchenette? A small ass is...
      I've met Mike at the Ability Expo and he's a great guy and a huge asset to the community. Box Chairs are sold directly so I have no experience them on the business side of things. I was a huge fan of Halls wheelchairs -- owned 2 of them -- and as most people whose disability dates back around 20 years or so, his shop shuttered rather suddenly in 2005. Not suggesting at all that one shouldn't take a chance on a Box wheelchair just because they're not behemoth-sized like TiLite, but it belongs somewhere in the decision tree.

Thanks for the kind words, Tetra. Have never heard that old joke before. Pretty good one!
      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
        I didn't think TiLite did direct customer service? IMO, while I might think that's a crappy business model, for the consumer, it seems to serve their business well. Your level of service is going largely depend on who your dealer is. Some used car salesman type at NuMotion vs a more personal service from someone like stephen212 is probably light years apparent in terms of service quality.

One of my biggest gripes is that as their business scaled, it seemed like prices went up. E.g. they have a large fabrication system and process that doesn't seem terribly flexible for those "custom touches", while still being economical for us. A small shop like HoC is able to hand make an entire frame for ~40% more than TiLite decided to charge for only Feldman lock mounts. That seems like the opposite of what should happen in a business as it scales: customers should benefit from it rather than have to pay more because the operation is too big to be agile in meeting customers needs.
        They do direct customer service only when they have to, when it's a highly customized chair, then they have to communicate directly to the end user in the design process. My experience on the last chair is probably non typical, but you don't lie to someone for a year and then try to jack the price up a grand (at dealer cost) when you requote the chair (which was never supposed to happen). Keep in mind, the chair was already drawn, quoted and paid for, the money sitting in the dealers bank account(for a year!), the problem was Tilite.

I would rather be waiting a month to hear back from a small company, then waiting months and months to get a definite answer out of a big company.

Comment

Working...
        X