Zero Turn Mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice! You even matched the paint.

I'll post a vid on my setup now that I have mine figured out. I'll be doing a similar setup to yours once my old one dies. But maybe a country clipper instead??

Comment

Originally posted by Tsquared View Post
      Very nice! You even matched the paint.

I'll post a vid on my setup now that I have mine figured out. I'll be doing a similar setup to yours once my old one dies. But maybe a country clipper instead??
      Those aren't photos of my mower and attachment. Just what everything will look like when all the pieces get here. I'll take some photos when everything arrives.
      -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Comment

Very nice! Can those be run as a mulching deck?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
          Very nice! Can those be run as a mulching deck?
          I thought I had already replied to this.

Yes sir! It can be used as a mulching mower. However, my daughter mowed with it Wednesday. Considering how high the grass was, not to mention kind of wet from all the rain, I was surprised not to see any clumps whatsoever. Was very impressed with how it cut the grass. The MX5050 model does come with a deep fabricated/welded deck. So is supposed to really chop up the grass even without the mulch kit.

Comment

Taylor Mobility sent me a photo today of my accessible attachment in progress. It will be going to the painter tomorrow and will ship Wednesday. Can't wait to give it a try.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TaylorMobilityDeckForMower.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	2658737

Comment

Nice rig. I wish I would have given more time to this thread to get you to a Walker. Changing the blades are a piece of cake too. Here is a picture I took this weekend as I had to pressure wash under the deck to get out a bunch of gunk that accumulated after mowing my neighbor's yard that was 10-11" high.

Still, you have a great mower there though. Congrats and enjoy, always nice to get out and mow.

Name:	tilt up.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	2658749

Comment

Maybe you guys know something that can save my lazy ass some research time. Any brands of zero turn mowers that can take something like a tank sprayer or even maybe a plow attachment? I'd like to stick with planning a zero turn vs. getting a lawn tractor

Comment

Originally posted by Skogy View Post
                  Nice rig. I wish I would have given more time to this thread to get you to a Walker. Changing the blades are a piece of cake too. Here is a picture I took this weekend as I had to pressure wash under the deck to get out a bunch of gunk that accumulated after mowing my neighbor's yard that was 10-11" high.

Still, you have a great mower there though. Congrats and enjoy, always nice to get out and mow.
                  Thanks, Skogy! That definitely looks wheelchair friendly in regard to maintenance.

Comment

Maybe you guys know something that can save my lazy ass some research time. Any brands of zero turn mowers that can take something like a tank sprayer or even maybe a plow attachment? I'd like to stick with planning a zero turn vs. getting a lawn tractor
                    The Toro TimeCutter MX comes with a hitch that allows for attachments. They advertise the Brinly-Hardy attachments, but there are other brands that work just as well. Brinly has a sprayer and if you visit their website you'll see a plow attachment. They're starting to make attachments that hook onto the front of the mower.

Name:	BrinlyHardyAttachmentsbrinlyAttachment_grouping.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	2658750

http://www.brinly.com/

Comment

Here's a few photos of plow front attachment.

Name:	imagemagic.jpg
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	2658751

Name:	TimecutterZXSnowbladeThumb.jpg
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	2658752

Comment

Very cool, and thanks!

Comment

Walkers are spendy but they have attachments too. I happen to have a Walker Model C for sale. Any of these attachments will fit on it. Can meet you half-way between MN and Chicago to deliver. http://mankato.craigslist.org/grd/4976729208.html

Name:	blower.jpg
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	2658753Click image for larger version

Name:	H11-FR-large.jpg
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	2658754Click image for larger version

Name:	sprayer.jpg
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	2658755

Comment

Andy, as for adding any attachments on front, be EXTREMELY careful on what the mower is designed from. I need take pictures of my mower, Simplicity. The salesman added a 150 lg set of weights to front of my mower initially. This, because I had some extremely steep hills. He was doing this to offset the weight. He has me go up-down the steep, not across. Well, adding the weights, took so much traction off the front end. Mower was practically impossible to use because of loss of traction on back end. After 2 cuts I wanted him taking mower back because I could not use it. He then took the weights off and he actually tried the mower on my land. It did work for him. He was scared. It now does work from me. NO attachments on front en. I need take pictures of the mower and the land. I will do tomorrow as long as not raining.

Comment

Originally posted by Skogy View Post
                              Walkers are spendy but they have attachments too. I happen to have a Walker Model C for sale.
                              That's an interesting design how they have the attachments plug into the front, I kind of like it. Not really in the market right now for a ZT, but will need to be in the nearish future with a planned relocation...just getting the ducks in a row right now.

Comment

Here are a few quick photos I took last night before mowing.

Name:	WP_20150605_001.jpg
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	2658775

Name:	WP_20150605_003.jpg
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	2658776

Name:	WP_20150605_005.jpg
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	2658777

Comment

Working...
                                X