No announcement yet.

Zero Turn Mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of mower? I have an ExMark that I made a padded seat and mounted on the side frame. I transfer from my chair to the seat on the mower, swing around and lift my legs to the mower floor and lift my butt to the seat. Being a mid mount, I can also transfer from the front to the mower foot plate and lift to the seat, but the seat on the side is much easier as it is about the same height as my chair. I can also carry my chair on the mower, the seat helps hold it on the mower and out of my way. That way I can mow other places and still be able to transfer to chair if needed. I don't mow with my wheelchair on the mower though, that would be kind of a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
      What kind of mower? I have an ExMark that I made a padded seat and mounted on the side frame. I transfer from my chair to the seat on the mower, swing around and lift my legs to the mower floor and lift my butt to the seat. Being a mid mount, I can also transfer from the front to the mower foot plate and lift to the seat, but the seat on the side is much easier as it is about the same height as my chair. I can also carry my chair on the mower, the seat helps hold it on the mower and out of my way. That way I can mow other places and still be able to transfer to chair if needed. I don't mow with my wheelchair on the mower though, that would be kind of a pain.
      I'd love to see a pic of your setup. This is a perfectly timed thread. I am also considering a zero turn and trying to figure out how to transfer as a C5-6.
      "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEye View Post
        I'd love to see a pic of your setup. This is a perfectly timed thread. I am also considering a zero turn and trying to figure out how to transfer as a C5-6.
        I have it put away in my shed for the winter and there is a pile of snow in front of the door. I fit warms up I'll try and get pics. There is an older thread about this same thing and I had pics there, but they aren't loading now. That was before the web changes, so maybe that messed them up?

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
          I have it put away in my shed for the winter and there is a pile of snow in front of the door. I fit warms up I'll try and get pics. There is an older thread about this same thing and I had pics there, but they aren't loading now. That was before the web changes, so maybe that messed them up?
          No problem. I'd still like to see it when/IF this damn weather ever breaks.
          "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

ZTR Transfer

I had an i-beam installed with a trolly and electric hoist. Works great for getting on and off my ztr.
            Click Here For Pics
            Last edited by tbdeaux; 9 Mar 2015, 6:33 PM. Reason: Add Pictures

Comment

ZTR Transfer. Couldn't get pics to post but you can go to this site to see pictures.
              Click Here For Pics.

Comment

Here's how I get on our Exmark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tJ9xVoeYo4

We have a Bad Boy more also with a 72" deck and a 35hp diesel. The deck sticks out to far to transfer from the side, so I climb on from the front, pull my legs up onto the foot platform, then throw myself up onto the seat, usually have to pull up my pants as I go. But it works. The suspension on the Bad Boy is a night and day difference compared to the Exmark. We mow rough ditches and you can run about as fast as it can go. Even can put the belt back on from my chair if it comes off.... (been there done that) No video of that. Maybe I will this spring.
                T8/9 (2-24-06)
                IOWA

Comment

Originally posted by ResonantEcho View Post
                  Hey, T8!

I forget. Are you able to use any of your core muscles?

A video would be excellent when you get a chance. I'm still a few months away from making my purchase. Trying to decide on which to get.
                  No, I have an "ab". My injury line is right at my diaphram. It's still a bit chilly to mow Give me a month or so I will do a video of getting in. I love my z-trac, nothing runs like a deere

Comment

plowboy has a larger and older exmark. mine has the seat suspension and is smaller. you can't go over the side like he does, the switches are on one side and the other side ha a cupholder and storage space. neither would hold up to sitting on them. What size you looking at, that'll make a difference on how they may be setup?

Comment

This really is a great thread. Here is one thing I saw recently that seems like a decent way to go: https://youtu.be/2eof8UHp3Hs & http://taylormobilitysolutions.com/p...wer-attachment

I got lucky last fall when I was looking for a zero turn mower, found one of this style, it is zero turn and full hand controls, but because it is a standard front engine style I can transfer on to it right from the wheelchair with nothing extra needed, and can just swing my leg through: http://www.altimaskiner.dk/pictures/70153/261341.jpg

Comment

also, this brand of mower has a joystick option which may make transferring easier since there is no tall upright hand lever: http://www.countryclipper.com/wrangler.html

Comment

That Wrangler looks like the ticket for an easy transfer, especially if the armrest folds up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsquared View Post
                            This really is a great thread. Here is one thing I saw recently that seems like a decent way to go: https://youtu.be/2eof8UHp3Hs & http://taylormobilitysolutions.com/p...wer-attachment

I got lucky last fall when I was looking for a zero turn mower, found one of this style, it is zero turn and full hand controls, but because it is a standard front engine style I can transfer on to it right from the wheelchair with nothing extra needed, and can just swing my leg through: http://www.altimaskiner.dk/pictures/70153/261341.jpg
                            Cub Cadet is the mower I've been leaning toward. The solution Taylor Mobility Solutions has seems PERFECT.

Thanks for sharing.
                            -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Comment

Anyone have experience with Craftsman Pro Zero Turn Riding Mowers? I had a friend suggest one of those (the 54" or 60" model).

Also, those without the use of core muscles, what is the easiest way you've found to put gas in the mower?

Comment

I ended up purchasing a Toro TimeCutter MX5050 (between residential and commercial grade). I have over 3 acres to mow. While the majority of it is flat, it's pretty bumpy in places.

I also purchased the accessible attachment made by Taylor Mobility Solutions that TSquared shared in the thread.

I'll take a photo of it all once everything is delivered.

Here's what the mower looks like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p1010708.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	2658724

And here's the accessible attachment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150401_150632-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	395.4 KB
ID:	2658725

Comment

Working...
                                X