Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mishahu View Post
    Found a user manual on the web.

Interesting that the unit ships in "indoor mode" for an initial training period. I wonder if a user can revert to that if desired. Or that the unit could be put in that mode and used without the wristband if needed while it is lost/damaged/uncharged.

Lots of other discussion points ... see https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkrwtaa9qi...20mx2.pdf?dl=0
    It looks like you make that choice when you turn it on. They have made a number of improvements, glad I'm satisfied with what I've got. MX2 looks good.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
      What would be really neat would be the ability to plug the external battery from the older model into the charging socket for the new one, to give flexibility if you wanted to travel longer distances from time to time and yet have the convenience of the single unit most of the time. So the external battery would be an add on extra.
      There are several reasons why that won't work, but the main one is they have changed voltages for some reason. It's now operating on 36 volts. It seems to me they could have gotten a better AH battery from 24 volts.
      I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Interesting. Nonetheless some form of external additional battery as an add on extra would be of use

Comment

Found a user manual on the web.

see https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkrwtaa9qi...20mx2.pdf?dl=0
          Range 12.3 miles! This was the one figure my rep wouldn't confirm, if this is the final number, we'll have some VERY happy and surprised campers.
          -FWS

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
            Interesting. Nonetheless some form of external additional battery as an add on extra would be of use
            It could be done if MM wants to include it someday, just not through the current charging port since it needs appox 42 volts and the drive unit needs to be powered down so the cells can balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallingwithstyle View Post
              Range 12.3 miles! This was the one figure my rep wouldn't confirm, if this is the final number, we'll have some VERY happy and surprised campers.
              -FWS
              I was surprised to see 12.3 miles. Don't forget that's round trip . I could say more, but this is a SD thread. One term MM started using that makes no sense to what I've seen so far here is "Thumb Throttle Switch". This is what I call a thumb throttle: http://tncscooters.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=78 If MX2 has one of those...cool, but watch out for acceleration.

Comment

On a long holiday with my wife that entailed longer distances than normal, the furthest I went in a day that wasn't on transport was about 5 miles.

I wonder does the 12.3 take into account a percentage of pushing that is downhill with the motor switched off? That might be the 'Continuous theoretical driving range' of 14.2 miles.

Comment

MX1 with a much larger 10 AH battery is only spec'd at 10 miles:
                  http://max-mobility.com/wp-content/u...Manual-UTD.pdf

Comment

Took delivery of my MX2 yesterday!

First real outing today, was from work to a cafe and back. Round trip 1.25 km mostly level but with a few kerb ramps and a moderate 250 m rise that I cannot do independently.

The motor started easily on the level and knocking my wrist on the wheel switched it off as expected. However many times the band vibrated as I held and pushed the wheels for direction, signalling a change of mode, and the motor gave a bit of a cough but continued. I wasn't certain when it was going on or off. Obviously this needs some practice.

It seemed that my hand movement pushing the chair switched the motor off just as soon as it had switched on.

More important is the adapter bar for my folding chair. Previously on my MX1+ test drive it was a single bar with the drive permanently clamped on. Now it is a 3 part assembly with the standard T connection on small bar that has extensions on both sides springloaded to fit onto the frame. The drive is put on and off the same way as with a fixed frame chair. Taking the bar off my chair to load in the car today, the assembly came apart in my hand, as the Hex screws keeping it together had loosened. AFTER ONE DAY!!! I've put it back together - more sturdily than supplied I hope - but wonder why they changed from the previous single piece solution. Max?

Comment

Congratulations, I remember reading that turning it on it has two settings so to speak, one being a "training" mode. Training if I recall correctly is more sensitive to shutting down. Maybe you didn't click past the training mode.

Comment

When new and first turned on, it is in training mode. this is the same as the MX1+ indoor mode. In this mode the wristband indicator light is green. Pressing and holding the button switches it into regular mode from then on and the light is blue. I don't know whether you can revert it to training mode, and maybe reset the sensitivity.

Comment

...clip...It seemed that my hand movement pushing the chair switched the motor off just as soon as it had switched on....clip...
                          I was just looking for a good reason for the unexpected cut outs. It's good that it defaults to blue once it's setup. I hope this doesn't get to be like the MX1 and is too sensitive for some.

Comment

Reading the manual over lunch, I see a note about electromagnetic interference. Under Handheld Transceivers it includes cellphones as low strength waves that when very close can cause interference. The symptom of loss of connection due interference is motor switching of coinciding with a beep from the drive and the wristband flashing red and vibrate. This is what was happening yesterday.

Like most wheelchair users I know, I carry my phone in a pouch under my seat. If that is causing the problem it is an indicator of the system having a basic deficiency.

As a sidenote, when I did the training I had left my phone in my car, and did not experience the shutdowns. I guess it might mean having to carry my phone in a shirt pocket while using the drive. Hmmmm.

To be continued ...

Comment

Just out of curiosity, is your cell phone bluetooth enabled? I think I remember MX2 is using bluetooth.

Comment

Yes it is. Iphone 6. But unless a BT device is paired to a parent it should only relate to the parent unless it is put into pairing mode. I'll post Day 2 experiences with Day 1 into a new thread now that the product is released, and put Day 1 there too as this is really a new discussion.

Will post the address here when it's done and stop posting here ... too tired after Day 2 experiences to do it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X