No announcement yet.

Need advice on ordering Tilite TR3 and COG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand your adjustable back height question. Are you wondering if the uprights will wiggle with the addition of the Jayback? I don't know, maybe someone does.

I was not clear. I was only wondering about the adjustable brackets that control the rear seat height. How solid are they? Do they creek at all? ONe thing I really like about my TR3 is the solidity of the frame. I know I'll compromise on weight to get the flexibility of adjustability... but are there any other compromises?

"I've been puzzling over your dump method, "17.5" Rear Seat Height (Was 18.5) (16.00" with loosened seat upholstery)". It apparently worked at 18 inch seat width, but at 16 inch width I'm not so sure. Think about it. The radius is shorter and your hips will be squeezed between the edges more than they were before.[/QUOTE]"

Your comment here is very interesting. I hadn't considered that my old method of dealing with inadequate rear seat height would be affected by the narrower new chair. Hmmm... more reason to go for the TRA.

Comment

Looking at the order forms: Does anyone know why the TR3 has a minimum wheel spacing of .75" with 2 degrees of camber. The TRA has a min. of 1" with 2 degrees of camber.

Comment

I've noticed that too and I think it's because if it didn't have that much spacing the wheels would contact the frame.

Originally posted by TogsT8 View Post
        Looking at the order forms: Does anyone know why the TR3 has a minimum wheel spacing of .75" with 2 degrees of camber. The TRA has a min. of 1" with 2 degrees of camber.

Comment

I do not know why there is a 1/4" minimum difference between the two chairs, but the need for a minimum amount of space when using camber is to keep the tire from rubbing your side-guard, or whatever.
          C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

I again have to also suggest getting an adjustable frame till you for sure have your measurements down to a tee. Which is why i have a aero R after 5 years with it i still am tweaking things. So my next chair is perfect.
            T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Comment

Working...
            X