No announcement yet.

Spinergy extreme light or Topolino Carbon Core WX2.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated, if you are worried about looks, the Spinergy decal wears off in no time. You ill end up with noting in that place. You can look at it this way - when decal wears off, there is a minor reduction in wheel/chair weight.

Comment

Hi nonoise, Long time no hear. My Dino wheels are a solid wheel assembly , the spokes never get loose like did with the spinergy's and they never creak when i move like the spinergy's did over time. They have required no maintenance at all. How with my spinergy's i have had to go get them trued up and tightened the spokes. The wheel assembly is so tight that when I have them inflated to full psi. I can take the wheel and drop it on a hard surface the wheel assembly will bounce almost all the way back up into my hand. So a great design no give in the assembly a whole lot of your forward momentum when you push is not lost in flex of the wheel at all. A true solid push. Take care no noise call me sometime to say hi.

Comment

What's a good web site to buy spinergy wheels on?

Comment

Get a price from Sportaid and talk to one of the vendors members here. They deserve our support.
          I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

I have the LX, topolino, and the golz twin star. I use the twin star everday. The topolino are the lightest by very little and a little more firm ride. They seem to have a little less rolling resistance due to being a little firmer. My only complaint is for some reason I don't seem to get as a good of grip on the handrim(I've wondered if I didn't somehow get titanium pushrims, I tried to scuff them up with different pads and sandpaper, but they are hard as hell and use oddball mounts, so I can't swap them out.)
            They are much easier to change tires on than the spinergy, too

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
              ...clip...I didn't somehow get titanium pushrims, I tried to scuff them up with different pads and sandpaper, but they are hard as hell and use oddball mounts, so I can't swap them out.)
              ...clip...
              Tough to roughen up with sandpaper means that they probably *are* titanium. That is one of it's attributes. On the other hand if you use a power sanding tool with a very coarse grit and manage to severely scratch them you could get the desired effect. I've done the opposite by removing old gouges and scratches with a power sander, leaving what looks nearly new from what was truly a basket case titanium chair.
              I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
                but they are hard as hell and use oddball mounts, so I can't swap them out.)
                maybe you got the old mounting rims, as mine are the standard 6 tab push rims, i got offered a pair at a discount as the were the old 4 tab ones (couldnt get rid of them) and i turned it down for basically future proofing them so i can put any standard 6 tab push rims on, theres not alot of 4 tab push rims out there to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by rAdGie View Post
                  maybe you got the old mounting rims, as mine are the standard 6 tab push rims, i got offered a pair at a discount as the were the old 4 tab ones (couldnt get rid of them) and i turned it down for basically future proofing them so i can put any standard 6 tab push rims on, theres not alot of 4 tab push rims out there to choose from.
                  Yes, I got mine when they first came out and only had the 4 tab and I have never found any other 4 tabs out there.

Comment

If I splurge on the topolinos, can I remove the stickers/decals?

That was one thing I really liked about my spinergy's, the stickers on the rim came of quite easily so I didn't have Rio roll around advertising their brand wherever I went.

With all the topolino branding on the rim and hub and push button, if the rim decal is clear coated on, that would be a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Originally posted by funklab View Post
                      If I splurge on the topolinos, can I remove the stickers/decals?

That was one thing I really liked about my spinergy's, the stickers on the rim came of quite easily so I didn't have Rio roll around advertising their brand wherever I went.

With all the topolino branding on the rim and hub and push button, if the rim decal is clear coated on, that would be a deal breaker for me.
                      I totally agree. If a company wants me to advertise for them, they can pay me! I'm not gonna pay to advertise for them.
                      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

you can take the stickers off if really want to, im not sure how easy they will come off, just a bit like the spinergys really.

Comment

If you are wild to get the stickers off. Auto paint stores sell an eraser wheel. It goes on a drill and take that stuff off cars

Comment

Originally posted by rAdGie View Post
                            you can take the stickers off if really want to, im not sure how easy they will come off, just a bit like the spinergys really.
                            I'm okay with putting a little elbow grease into it. I just wanted to make sure they didn't slap the stickers on and then spray a clear coat of paint over top to make it impossible.

So you can confirm that they are just decals on the rims? How about those little stickers I see in the pictures on the hub and on the pushbutton release thing? It would be super nice to have some clean carbon fiber hubs without any flashy stickers.

Comment

Originally posted by funklab View Post
                              I'm okay with putting a little elbow grease into it. I just wanted to make sure they didn't slap the stickers on and then spray a clear coat of paint over top to make it impossible.

So you can confirm that they are just decals on the rims? How about those little stickers I see in the pictures on the hub and on the pushbutton release thing? It would be super nice to have some clean carbon fiber hubs without any flashy stickers.
                              Call and ask.

Comment

well it feels like i can get a finger nail to the edge but i dont want to start and try take it off but just feels like any other sticker, also the push button release sticker comes seperately anyway with the instructions

Comment

Working...
                                X