• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
      And why buy ABS if playwood Works? just painted in black or put a cf stick on it.
      yep, marine plywood would be a great choice for me. (And it would be consistent with my love of ships!)
      Last edited by chasmengr; 5 Feb 2015, 2:52 PM.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I sit on hardwood. Have forever. It does weigh some if you are concerned about weight. HOWEVER, I am having BIG problems with the life of Stimulite Sport cushion. I can only get 6-8 months life out of cushion before I need to replace it. I end up with my ass bones, I think, practically sitting against the hardwood. I like these cushions and think I am on 3-4. I am tired of spending the money to continually replace the cushion. I QUESTION if the wood insert is the issue with the life of the cushion. I am now looking into going to a CF or another solid set base in hopes that would solve life of cushion issue.

Comment

The wood insert or probably any other insert has the ability to move. It is not rigidly attached to anything. I think that creates wear and other issues. Anything not rigidly attached, I think asking for problems. I think this is what I have.

Comment

Before trying CF, does it make sense to try securing the wood to the frame with Velcro like other threads suggested for CF?
            Chas
            TiLite TR3

<
            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Chas, from my view, I would not. If cost is concern, I suppose wood can work. You still have whatever flexibility exists in the Velcro versus bolt. I am talking small amount, but these kind of things are the things that end up putting soar on your but. I would say anything moving, even microscopic distance, is even distance to create the soar. My wood insert, is inserted inside the cushion cover. My seat base is tension adjustable Velcro with what appear SS rods in the ends. No matter how hard of how I pull that to secure it is nowhere near a solid set base. What I do not like is using multiple components to create "solid." You are losing energy from that component and whatever else simply because it all must transmit through all of them to do something. That creates the wear I think I have in my cushions and their short life span.

Comment

Chas, if try your suggestion of wood, where do you think the corresponding Velcro would be placed that the wood attaches to? I think if I do Velcro, still have the movement of the wood. This movement just a lot more stable. I suppose also have moved the wear to a different place - did not thin about where.

Comment

Anyone know what kind of transparent material of this seat pan?

Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

polycarbonate

Click image for larger version

Name:	RomaSport Torsion Seat Plate.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	2658458
                    Chas
                    TiLite TR3

<
                    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I would place Velcro according to what others did on the CF thread. I need to read that thread again to be sure.
                      Chas
                      TiLite TR3

<
                      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

years with velcro and cf seat, zero problems.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                          years with velcro and cf seat, zero problems.
                          What he dicho.
                          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

How about UHMW or Lexan? I've used both in race cars and they are easy to get, cut, bend and take a lot of abuse. You can regulate the stiffness by the thickness you buy. I'm in the process of putting a piece of UHMW in my Stimulite cushion. The think rolls up at the corners when I get in and out of the car. Bugs me.

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
                              How about UHMW or Lexan? I've used both in race cars and they are easy to get, cut, bend and take a lot of abuse. You can regulate the stiffness by the thickness you buy. I'm in the process of putting a piece of UHMW in my Stimulite cushion. The think rolls up at the corners when I get in and out of the car. Bugs me.
                              What thickness UHMW do you suggest? I weigh about 215# and seat width is 17".
                              Chas
                              TiLite TR3

<
                              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Just for info, I am not ignoring any options everyone is saying here. I will look at the UHMW. I never heard of that or found it searching, so all the ideas here, give me something to look into and consider before doing anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X